Question about different Diablo/Hellfire versions
Hi!

I'm currently looking to get a collection of all different EXE files and Patches from all Diablo and Hellfire versions.
I've now gathered quite a lot, but I'm still missing a few and I was wondering if I know of all versions.

Here's my list for the PC (scroll down for mac):
Diablo pre-release Version EXE file
Diablo pre-release Version (cracked to 1.0) EXE File
Diablo Beta version 96.11.9.2
Diablo Retail version 1.0
Diablo Retail Patch 1.02
Diablo Retail Patch 1.04
Diablo Retail Patch 1.05 **
Diablo Retail Patch 1.07
Diablo Retail Patch 1.08
Diablo Retail Patch 1.09
Diablo Retail Patch 1.09b
Diablo Shareware Patch 1.08
Diablo Shareware Patch 1.09
Diablo Shareware Patch 1.09b
Hellfire European Version 1.00 EXE file
Hellfire International Version 1.00 EXE file *still looking for it*
Hellfire Patch 1.01
Hellfire Patch 1.01beta *still looking for it*

I suppose 1.01 and 1.06 were only Blizzard-internal patches and overridden in the release list. Does anyone know more about them?

Is there any difference between the spawned version and the shareware version?
As the spawned also says "shareware" in the title screen, I suppose they're identical, but I was wondering if the spawned 1.00 and the shareware 1.00 exe files are truly identical?
And are there other install-versions of the shareware available other than 1.00?
I was wondering if there were shareware equivalents to 1.02-1.07.
Is the Hellfire Patch 1.01 identical when applied to the US and Euro version?

**1.05: I do have a 1.05 patch, but it is a little different from the other patches. It can only be applied from within the Diablo directory (error message if you try otherwise) and it doesn't come with an icon (Diablo icon from 1.00-1.07 or bnet icon from 1.08-1.09b).
Is there another version of this patch available?

What about patches and different versions for the macintosh? Is the retail version of the mac identical to PC1.0? Which different versions are available here?
There seem to be at least two demo versions, one is 1.08 and the other seems to be a previous version which can be patched to 1.08.
So far I've only found patches 1.08 and 1.09 for the mac retail version.
What's the difference between these two files?
Diablo 1.09 Update.hqx (larger)
Diablo 1.09-Mac.hqx

If anyone can help me out with information not in my list and/or answers to my questions, I'd greatly apprechiate it!

thank you!

Messages In This Thread
Question about different Diablo/Hellfire versions - by Mystery - 08-14-2003, 04:40 PM