The Great Race; a proposal for "Khalim" awards
Crystalion, I forgot to put this in the earlier post...

concerning the assassin character...
Quote:I grabbed some stamina charms out of warehouse and that must have helped because I don't recall needing to drink any stamina potions.

This is one of those little 'hidden' bonuses. Assassins start with more stamina than the other characters, get more stamina per level (1.25 to everyone elses 1), get more stamina per vitality point (1.25 to everyone elses 1 again). Also their stamina drain while running is less than everyone elses (15 factor to everyone else having a 20 factor). And iirc the stamina recovery is one of those stats that the rate actually depends on the max_stamina for the amount that you will get back while not running, so with their naturally larger pool, it is easier to recover enough to start running again in just a few seconds (think time to do a couple of 'combat' actions).

Quote:I didn't mention it, but I did check the AB normal uswest ladder game before jumping into pub. I've yet to play in an AB game but I imagine that people might actually type politely to each other and do some planning and coordination from time to time, even in softcore. One can hope. I'm certainly tempted to do my occasional self-rushing in AB games, in case anyone wants a free ride.

You might start getting some hits on that later when the desire for extra socketing quests becomes greater.

A point that I found amusing earlier today was when some pubies found my clvl 1 mule waiting in one of the higher acts. Many comments about how they thought that rushing was not possible and such. I just continued and didn't say anything.

Messages In This Thread
The Great Race; a proposal for "Khalim" awards - by Ruvanal - 11-10-2003, 02:09 AM