The Great Race; a proposal for "Khalim" awards
Walkiry,Sep 13 2003, 12:49 PM Wrote:Well, the first goal was to go through the game up to the ancients as fast as possible (leveling to 20 in the meantime), but then I hit a wall and decided to just do leveling to 20 ASAP in the untwinked, one player from start to end, way. I have read Sirian's pages extensively :)
OK, I suspected you had read Sirian. Yup, what you are doing is something differerent. The point of clvl8 was to imbue exceptional/elite items to feed into a cycle of tricks to produce neat stuff for high lvls. The point of clvl 20 is to collect NM Hellforge runes (my interest too). Both of these presuppose a high level char available to render all sorts of services. Note that Crystallion mentioned that timing begins when you leave Camp, not at game start.

You are chasing the very first char (the one that the above chain is supporting perhaps). Your times are excellent, far better than anything I ever got for the very first char. I'd say you would be better off concentrating on the class you will use for that purpose in the longer run. However, my experience was that very first char lifetime is very short, since as soon as possible, I'd bootstrap the replacement...which bootstraped the replacement again. I always used sorcs and the first goal was merely telport, generally backed up with Ice Blast and some fast cast. Guess I should run that again. Again, your times are excellent for totally untwinked characters. But I wonder without higher intervention what you will do at the Ancients.

So I think that the 8/20 racers can be twinked with up to 8 columns of backpak -- the same Malus mule sorc carries the twink items (my schedulling has her pick up the malus immediately after twinking, if not eariler). /Players2 is a minimum setting. But if you have an untwinked path to lvl 8 that is fast (~30 minutes), I need a twinked path of 15 minutes maximum, especially if your path leads to fast clvl 20 times. Surprisingly that limits the amount of twinking possible more than I would have guessed. On the other hand, Crystalion wants the imbue, let him worry about it :D

Air races are great and the pollen kicked my butt again, so I tell myself that I am practicing breathing in high humidy to see the finals tomorrow, and not to lvl Uzi...er, the throwing barb.

Thanks for the reply Walkiry, you have certainly changed my planning.

Messages In This Thread
The Great Race; a proposal for "Khalim" awards - by Ferengi - 09-13-2003, 07:21 PM