1.10 Javazon question/thoughts
Hi all

Ive been playing a javazon in act5 normal (-act5 :P ) and early nightmare lately, but a few things are bugging me.

As expected, lighting fury wastes any mob of monsters i encounter in normal. The more, the merrier. Common knowlede. Lightning strike surprised me, and is now my favorite boss killer and the attack of choice when there arent enough monsters for LF. Stamina was the limiting factor in normal.

At nightmare difficulty this changed slightly as monsters might actually take a swing at me, or use magic. But yey for me, because i had 75% block and quite good resists. And passives.. I mean dodge, evade and the other one. She seems to be doing all these silly gymnastics execises when she is supposed to be running, or attacking evil.

So im wondering, is this just the passives, or also blocking? It seems to me its mostly the passives, so why not drop them? I still block 75% and well kept resists will take the edge of magic attacks.

Not getting dodge, evade and the other one, leaves the valkyrie out in the cold, but i dont think i'll miss her terribly (except that its a hot woman in full plate and a pretty shiny aura).

- "What!? no valk!?"

Yes.. she is terrible at herding monsters. Usually she actually splits them up, one smaller group after her, and the other after me. I find it much better to just run ahead, meet nasties, and run around flailing for a bit before casting a decoy in their face. Then I back off and give them the business end of my LF stick.

So, a decoy question: :huh: :P
Ive noticed the decoy gets more hitpoints per slvl (+200% at slvl 20 i think), and also ends up costing very little mana. Does it also inherit my 75% block and resists? That would substantually increase the time she survives. I could also chain cast her in case I simply cant tank a particularily dangerous boss (yes, im a softie).

Also, this solves my second problem with imunities. I have to deal with them somehow, and posion is out of the question. I dont have the patience :)
So i thought i could sink all those evade, doge, etc skillpoints into freezing arrow, and use a bow on switch. Another reason for using all those skillpoints on pierce(or was it penetrate.. the clvl 30 one anyway).

Thoughts? Comments? Do i stand a chance in hell?

Messages In This Thread
1.10 Javazon question/thoughts - by sokken - 10-27-2003, 10:03 PM
1.10 Javazon question/thoughts - by AtomicKitKat - 10-28-2003, 07:17 AM
1.10 Javazon question/thoughts - by sokken - 10-28-2003, 04:32 PM
1.10 Javazon question/thoughts - by Guest - 10-28-2003, 06:16 PM
1.10 Javazon question/thoughts - by Red_Riot - 10-28-2003, 06:18 PM
1.10 Javazon question/thoughts - by AtomicKitKat - 10-28-2003, 07:41 PM
1.10 Javazon question/thoughts - by sokken - 10-28-2003, 09:01 PM
1.10 Javazon question/thoughts - by ryan4nayr - 11-06-2003, 08:25 PM