I dont think I like where the patch direction(exp)
ldw,May 11 2003, 10:07 PM Wrote:Personally  I read that 'synergy' stuff as something along the lines of:

- Similar behaviour to some of what Druid's wolves/bear summoning skills do to each other.
- Enhanced passives ... e.g. perhaps barbs's extra stamina will do something more now.

I mean cmon... lvl 18 skill that only increases stamina that most barb's have so much of as to care less.
   On the other hand necromancer gets skeleton mastery at lvl 1 (ok 2!) which enhances 3 types of minions.
    ... and most ppl regard necros as weak now (as opposed to D2C 1.0) oh the irony.
Heh. Barbarians are not the characters that you need to worry too much about with regards to the synergies, but you do hint at a problem with synergies.

From what I saw, the Paladin with his problems inherent in having to stretch two trees now was presented with encouragement to stretch between three trees. :blink: There may be potential for the Assassin to fall into the same problem.

The associations between Holy Bolt and FoH were fine. Likewise Defiance and Holy Shield looked like a fair mix, despite the dual tree focus. Unfortunately many of the others looked like they had the Paladin groping for points in a three tree mess. If this is supposed to encourage new styles of play, then Blizzard got it almost totally wrong for the Paladin . With the two skill combos that currently dominate Paladin builds, this one class is prehaps the most versatile in creating character concepts as it is and all I saw in the accidental 1.10 leak was a badly plotted move to stick him in a more tightly defined set of grooves.

Fortunately the synergies presented of Meditation and Prayer, Clensing and Prayer looked like a definite work in progress, so I'm hopeful that the 'patchers' might still wake up and see the need to make the synergies operate within the confines of a single tree in order to retain parity between classes.

Otherwise the complaints from Paladin players are going to equal the noise from the Sorceress fans with the introduction of Spell Timers.
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War

Messages In This Thread
I dont think I like where the patch direction(exp) - by Guest - 05-10-2003, 03:29 AM
I dont think I like where the patch direction(exp) - by Guest - 05-10-2003, 06:11 PM
I dont think I like where the patch direction(exp) - by Guest - 05-11-2003, 03:47 PM
I dont think I like where the patch direction(exp) - by WarBlade - 05-11-2003, 10:47 PM
I dont think I like where the patch direction(exp) - by Guest - 05-11-2003, 10:58 PM