Shocking Tally of Iraq Civilian Causalities
WP is often called "rapid smoke." With most smoke rounds/smoke generators it takes a bit of time for the smoke cloud to thicken and expand to obscure the line of sight you need blocked. A WP grenade gives you that smoke cloud almost instantly. The tactical situation will normally dictate which munition is used under fire. I wouldn't doubt that it may have been used as a weapon against insurgents also.

Every soldier I've talked to that's come back from Iraq went to great lengths to safeguard the civilian population. They know that's why we're there. Most of the time I think the press are there just for body counts.

As soon someone gets their 'been there, done that patch' for their uniform then I'll be much more inclined to listen to arguments of tactics, rather than expect some press pool monkey in their air conditioned office sipping a latte to have all the answers.

Next the International Media will be saying we used 'incendiary bullets' against people. Oops, I meant 'tracer ammunition.'
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein

Messages In This Thread
Shocking Tally of Iraq Civilian Causalities - by jahcs - 11-16-2005, 05:10 PM
Shocking Tally of Iraq Civilian Causalities - by Guest - 11-19-2005, 05:09 PM
Shocking Tally of Iraq Civilian Causalities - by Guest - 11-19-2005, 07:37 PM