Shocking Tally of Iraq Civilian Causalities
jahcs,Nov 4 2005, 10:53 AM Wrote:EDITED EDIT:  Oh, and one more thing that I would like to say anytime a discussion of Iraq comes up:

If the insurgents stop killing civilians, targeting convoys, and just blowing things up we will go home sooner!
[right][snapback]94095[/snapback][/right]

The fighters in this case have the problem of one method tunnel vision, where they will try to solve a problem by throwing the same things at it again and again. I don't know about support networks and such, and who sends the money for what, but the thought process seems to be "U.S. bad (for whatever reason, different from person to person). Anything brought by U.S. bad. Bad must be blown up. Anything from U.s. must be blown up". Or maybe it's "I don't like U.S. I like commander. when he tells me to blow up U.S., I'll do it". I haven't done much besides here sometimes about a bombing, but from what I hear, this seems to be the thought process in people's heads.

The other example is blowing up power plants and such. It doesn't make any logical, big picture sense to blow up power plants and such, they are free infrastructure courtesy of the U.S. People who do attack them either haven't been thinking about whether doing something different would work better, or have some other end goals in mind.

edit: "other goals" could be something as simple as the someone wanting to look good by attacking the U.S., or some cons[piracy type thing, or something in between.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)

Messages In This Thread
Shocking Tally of Iraq Civilian Causalities - by Minionman - 11-05-2005, 12:06 AM
Shocking Tally of Iraq Civilian Causalities - by Guest - 11-19-2005, 05:09 PM
Shocking Tally of Iraq Civilian Causalities - by Guest - 11-19-2005, 07:37 PM