Best Keyboard Ever™
I have two keyboards that I no longer use, but still love.

One is a keyboard made for the Macintosh a long time ago, for people with big hammy fingers. Each key on the board is like 20% larger. I loved to type on that. It had good solid heavy springs, and it was clearly made for people that learned to type on typewriters, because different keys had different tensions, depending on their place on the board. You could HAMMER on that thing and each keystroke was met with a solid mechanical "THUNK"! It was frightfully loud though, almost as much as a regular typewriter. I am told that people could tell what sort of mood I was in by the sounds made by that keyboard. Light clackity clack sounds meant that I could be safely disturbed, THWACK THWACK THWACK sounds meant serious harm to life and limb. I dunno. Considering at full tilt, I can churn out around 100 wpm, it must have sounded like machine gun fire.

The second was the classic full featured Macintosh Keyboard based on the IBM Model M. Only one little difference for mine... It was designed for people that are left handed. Once I got used to it, it was a joy to use. Keypad and function keys on the left side, all the command keys right at the left where they should be, oh man it was perfect. Mac users will know the board I am talking about. It was affectionately called "The Battleship." The 106 key model.

I am a keyboard abuser. I learned to type on an old typewriter, the kind you had to hammer down on the keys to make the magic happen. Took a lot of force to make it work. My typewriter didn't even use electricity. And the keys stuck. They were rusty. So all my typing habits carried over to the computer. I can totally wreck a keyboard in no time. Well, these cheap flimsy newfangled ones. All soft and squishy when you type.

I just realised how much the new keyboards suck.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."

Messages In This Thread
Best Keyboard Ever™ - by NiteFox - 09-24-2005, 07:59 PM
Best Keyboard Ever™ - by Swiss Mercenary - 09-24-2005, 09:37 PM
Best Keyboard Ever™ - by Walkiry - 09-24-2005, 10:13 PM
Best Keyboard Ever™ - by jahcs - 09-24-2005, 11:33 PM
Best Keyboard Ever™ - by DeeBye - 09-25-2005, 03:24 AM
Best Keyboard Ever™ - by roguebanshee - 09-25-2005, 12:41 PM
Best Keyboard Ever™ - by Bolty - 09-25-2005, 02:50 PM
Best Keyboard Ever™ - by Doc - 09-25-2005, 03:30 PM
Best Keyboard Ever™ - by LemmingofGlory - 09-25-2005, 04:27 PM
Best Keyboard Ever™ - by Doc - 09-25-2005, 04:58 PM