New Orleans Arising Phoenixlike from Ashes
Lady Vashj,Sep 14 2005, 10:49 AM Wrote:Not only that, it's entirely different to different people.  To me, my chemistry instructor is a narrow-minded nitpicker.  To him, I'm most likely a know-it-all who thinks rules are for other people.

That's more of an interpretation of the "truth' than the actual "truth". The "truth" is that you write equations in a certain format, or write your equations in a certain order, or whatever you do that you two don't agree on. the "nitpicker" or "rknow-it-all" are just you taking what actually happened and comparing it to other things you see.

Quote:As was mentioned on an earlier thread (can't remember which), political correctness is a way for Those In Control to make themselves feel better by being all nice and sensitive and patronizing to Those Being Downtrodden by Those In Control, while still keeping them "in their place".
[right][snapback]89222[/snapback][/right]

See the "apology" thread.

actually seems more like laziness to me. People decide thery do sort of feel like helping out, but don't really want ot put a lot of work into understanding the problems, or solving them, so change the words around. Eventually euphamisms become a way to be sarcastic and it starts over.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)

Messages In This Thread
New Orleans Arising Phoenixlike from Ashes - by Guest - 09-12-2005, 04:58 PM
New Orleans Arising Phoenixlike from Ashes - by Guest - 09-12-2005, 05:25 PM
New Orleans Arising Phoenixlike from Ashes - by Guest - 09-12-2005, 05:41 PM
New Orleans Arising Phoenixlike from Ashes - by Guest - 09-13-2005, 04:53 AM
New Orleans Arising Phoenixlike from Ashes - by Guest - 09-13-2005, 04:23 PM
New Orleans Arising Phoenixlike from Ashes - by Guest - 09-13-2005, 04:41 PM
New Orleans Arising Phoenixlike from Ashes - by Guest - 09-13-2005, 04:45 PM
New Orleans Arising Phoenixlike from Ashes - by Guest - 09-13-2005, 05:14 PM
New Orleans Arising Phoenixlike from Ashes - by Minionman - 09-14-2005, 09:46 PM