New Orleans Arising Phoenixlike from Ashes
Occhidiangela,Sep 14 2005, 11:47 AM Wrote:Truth is rather elusive.
Not only that, it's entirely different to different people. To me, my chemistry instructor is a narrow-minded nitpicker. To him, I'm most likely a know-it-all who thinks rules are for other people.
Quote: Slander and libel laws either need to be taken off the books for the farce that they are, or they need to be enforced with rigor.
I vote "enforced with rigor". If I went public saying that the secret ingredient in Coca-Cola is rat pee, I think that Coca-Cola Co. would have every right to sue.

Unless the secret ingredient in Coca-Cola is in fact rat pee.
Quote: Free speech and free press are only of any worth if the core assumption AND practice is that the free speech protected is truthful speech.  Even uncomfortable, truthful speech, all you useless PC morons out there in the audience, should be protected, while the lie -- that is what a euphamism is, a lie -- of PC needs to lose any privileged status.
[right][snapback]89206[/snapback][/right]
That would be nice!

As was mentioned on an earlier thread (can't remember which), political correctness is a way for Those In Control to make themselves feel better by being all nice and sensitive and patronizing to Those Being Downtrodden by Those In Control, while still keeping them "in their place".
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!

Messages In This Thread
New Orleans Arising Phoenixlike from Ashes - by Guest - 09-12-2005, 04:58 PM
New Orleans Arising Phoenixlike from Ashes - by Guest - 09-12-2005, 05:25 PM
New Orleans Arising Phoenixlike from Ashes - by Guest - 09-12-2005, 05:41 PM
New Orleans Arising Phoenixlike from Ashes - by Guest - 09-13-2005, 04:53 AM
New Orleans Arising Phoenixlike from Ashes - by Guest - 09-13-2005, 04:23 PM
New Orleans Arising Phoenixlike from Ashes - by Guest - 09-13-2005, 04:41 PM
New Orleans Arising Phoenixlike from Ashes - by Guest - 09-13-2005, 04:45 PM
New Orleans Arising Phoenixlike from Ashes - by Guest - 09-13-2005, 05:14 PM
New Orleans Arising Phoenixlike from Ashes - by Lady Vashj - 09-14-2005, 04:49 PM