Stormrage: Assault on Orgrimmar
I don't know about the rest of you, but when i started playing WoW back in march, I immediately came up with a goal for myself. Something that I had to do some day in order to feel i've accomplished something in the game. That goal? To kill the opposing forces leaders.

Keep in mind that this is mearly a planning stage right now, and I don't want to initiate the attack until I've reached 60 with Garrin, but I'd like to at least get something together that we can toil over and get some input on.

First on the chopping block: Thrall

The raid looks to be pretty straight forward in movement. Move from Ashenvale to The Barrens to Durotar to Orgrimmar to the valley of honor. Though I would like to skip going through Razor Hill because we're not there to grief, we have a goal in mind, we need to stick to it. Though if any NPC's get in our way of that goal, they will be dealt with accordingly. We can easily go around by cutting off the road northeast when we get into Durotar straight to Orgrimmar's front gate.

I've brought the topic up in game and got some feedback to the issue. I'm still not sure how many people it would take exactally, I figure that a full raid group if well organized could possibly break through and take him down.

Defense from the actual horde players will most likely be heavy in The Valley of Strength. After we've pushed through this though which will be the main bulk of the pvp I don't see a successful counter attack bein raised. We would have to have people constantly dealing with harrassers and watching for counterattacks while the rest pushed through to Thrall. This would mean a group playing as rear guard to hold back any push by the enemy to stop us.

I know pvp isn't everyones cup of tea, and there aren't many who have all that much experience with it. But PVP isn't our main goal in this. Any defense wouldn't be well organised (at least at first) and would fall under a well organised main effort.

Ok well I think i've got my idea across in a very long winded way. This wouldn't be a purely lurker affair (as much as i'd like to be able to say we did it alone) because we just can't muster the bodies right now. We'd have to call in for reenforcements from CA and The Basin of course, and we've got plenty of time to start sowing the seeds for their participation.

So who's with me? Who's got any ideas? And more importantly, who's been part of something similar?
Garrin

<span style="color:blue">Garrin - Lvl 60 Human Paladin - Stormrage <Lurkers>
Gasan - Lvl 14 Dwarf Priest - Stormrage <Lurkers>
Bladewhisper - Lvl 60 Rogue - Stormrage <Carpe Aurum>
<span style="color:red">Garrin - Lvl 25 Orc Warlock - Dethecus <Frost Wolves Legion>
Tigarius - Lvl 14 Tauren Warrior - Dethecus
Garrin - Lvl 13 Tauren Druid - Thunderhorn

Messages In This Thread
Stormrage: Assault on Orgrimmar - by Garrin - 07-16-2005, 05:43 PM
Stormrage: Assault on Orgrimmar - by chippydip - 07-18-2005, 04:05 AM
Stormrage: Assault on Orgrimmar - by Concillian - 07-18-2005, 04:26 AM
Stormrage: Assault on Orgrimmar - by Drasca - 07-18-2005, 11:02 AM
Stormrage: Assault on Orgrimmar - by chippydip - 07-18-2005, 02:12 PM
Stormrage: Assault on Orgrimmar - by Garrin - 07-18-2005, 10:06 PM
Stormrage: Assault on Orgrimmar - by Skandranon - 07-18-2005, 11:01 PM
Stormrage: Assault on Orgrimmar - by Garrin - 07-19-2005, 12:38 AM
Stormrage: Assault on Orgrimmar - by Ruvanal - 07-19-2005, 01:30 AM