Cordless phone advice
Panasonic
Great phones, but it might be out of my price range. Almost every Panasonic cordless phone I've seen for sale has had way too many extra features to put it within my budget. I really like the weight and feel of the handsets, and every one I've seen uses a NiMH battery.

I sell cordless phones at the Source (formerly Radioshack). We sell more panasonice phones than all other brands combined, and see fewer panasonic phones come back with problems than any other brand. They're the best, period, and the new models are frankly not that much more expensive than the cheap crap you'll find otherwise.

Basic 2.4 panasonic, no call id will run you $60 canadian. If you plan on having the phone for a while, let the guy at the source talk you into the 3 year warrantly. It's about an extra $15, it's an over the counter replacement, and it covers 1 replacement battery. The NiMH batteries in these phones will run you anywhere from $25-$35, depending on if you get a panaosonic or some no-name replacement.

Aside from that... Uniden are a great choice for basic phones. They usually lack extra features but are durable and cheap. I'm personally a big fan of getting a NiMH battery in my phone, but if you don't care about that, Uniden would be a good choice. Vtech make excellent phones... but their entry level cheap phones are pure garbage. Motorola... I like some of their stuff, but their cordless phones generally seem to be a cheap version of panasonic. Much clunkier, a little cheaper, but generally much more of a hassle.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"

Messages In This Thread
Cordless phone advice - by DeeBye - 07-16-2005, 02:20 AM
Cordless phone advice - by Munkay - 07-16-2005, 03:20 AM
Cordless phone advice - by DeeBye - 07-16-2005, 03:36 AM
Cordless phone advice - by gekko - 07-16-2005, 03:45 AM
Cordless phone advice - by DeeBye - 07-16-2005, 04:17 AM
Cordless phone advice - by gekko - 07-16-2005, 04:29 AM
Cordless phone advice - by Ninjadruid - 07-16-2005, 04:30 AM
Cordless phone advice - by Griselda - 07-16-2005, 08:41 AM