Female rapist and murderer released from prison
Chaerophon,Jul 7 2005, 11:36 AM Wrote:Next time you call someone a nigger, I'll take your position seriously.  There are some phrases that are unnecessary and rude.  That some lesbians choose to refer to themselves as such is not free licence, as I'm quite certain that the majority DO NOT.  

You chose a word that you knew can, and often is taken offensively.  Ducky took offense.  THAT you should take seriously, as she has been here a long time, and deserves the benefit of the doubt.
[right][snapback]82741[/snapback][/right]

Please note that not everyone thinks in the same fashion as you. To some people, there is no derision in the word dyke, or even nigger. Quite simply, dyke equals lesbian and nigger equals dark skinned person. Are those people guilty of insulting? No.

Perhaps you should consider that words are words, and becoming angered by words without knowing their true intent not only presents you as judgemental, but somewhat childish as well. No offense intended, simply providing another view.

Until it was explained, I saw nothing here that would cause offense in Occhi's words, and when explained, my first reaction was two words, 'over reactions'.

Regarding the woman released from prison, she earned her release. She made a deal with the authorities. She upheld her end of the bargain, and going by the very laws they are sworn to uphold, they MUST stick to their end. Regardless of her prior actions. Not that she's good people, because she's not. But if you believe in a system, then stand by it's rules.

Messages In This Thread
Female rapist and murderer released from prison - by SetBuilder - 07-09-2005, 07:35 AM
Female rapist and murderer released from prison - by Guest - 07-09-2005, 02:09 PM
Female rapist and murderer released from prison - by Guest - 07-09-2005, 02:16 PM
Female rapist and murderer released from prison - by Guest - 07-10-2005, 03:38 AM
Female rapist and murderer released from prison - by Guest - 07-10-2005, 11:48 AM