Female rapist and murderer released from prison
Any1,Jul 7 2005, 12:53 PM Wrote:It's good rant material.  However, my approach to language is simple, if I know people are going to get offended by a certain word, I try and not use it casually.  When gay people use these terms, it is usually in friendship and camaraderie.  When someone is using these words as a way to insult or intimidate, it's a different story (this definitely was not your intent).  Using the terms casually you will run the risk of  insulting people.  This shouldn't suprise you.  The best approach is use a less "provocative" term, especially since it'll get your meaning across just as well.
You make a good point.  People should be careful how they throw labels around casually.  You never know who you might offend.
[right][snapback]82719[/snapback][/right]

Everybody should rush out and get the book "Cracker Culture" by Grady McWhiney. It does a lot of explaining on why white Southerners, AKA, rednecks, can be so damn nasty. It's actually a very good book on Celtic culture and how it effected America. And how the Brits brought their nose in the air attitude and left it embedded in what would become Southern American culture. Also does a lot to explain blood feuds and such.

Sorry, had to make a plug.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."

Messages In This Thread
Female rapist and murderer released from prison - by Doc - 07-07-2005, 06:00 PM
Female rapist and murderer released from prison - by Guest - 07-09-2005, 02:09 PM
Female rapist and murderer released from prison - by Guest - 07-09-2005, 02:16 PM
Female rapist and murderer released from prison - by Guest - 07-10-2005, 03:38 AM
Female rapist and murderer released from prison - by Guest - 07-10-2005, 11:48 AM