Priests. Why we are so ..umm.. difficult.
Icebird,May 5 2005, 11:35 AM Wrote:More than once I'm found myself so intent on the health of my party that I don't even realize I'm under attack.
[right][snapback]76357[/snapback][/right]

The number of priests who have died before they even realized they were under attack is probably unbelievably high. I actually got mini-group for the sole purpose of trying to help notice when I, myself am under attack! Since then I have found other benefits of it but that was the entire reason I downloaded it.

Also a more general comment. I have now gotten my warrior up to 56 (and climbing :)) and have tanked at least parts of instances up to BRD and Dire Maul. As the tank I do have to worry about managing aggro of multiple targets and protecting my squishees but with any halfway decent group breakouts are not very common. Due to this I find playing my warrior to be easier on me mentally than playing my priest. With my priest I am always doing my best to ensure that noone dies and I have to be aware of the aggro situation of all 5 party members at once (nothing says wasting mana like shielding someone who has lost aggro). I basically have to know exactly how everyone is taking damage if I want to have maximum efficiency (rogue took some damage? Did he grab aggro and get stuck with it? Did he grab it and then vanish? Was it an aoe?) With my tank I just have to worry about pushing buttons to make the mobs hate me :)

I definitely have my "off" days. When I have those with my tank it might me a bit more damage to party members but usually as long as the rest of the group is competent we are ok. If I have an "off" day with my priest people die :angry: :(

- mjdoom
Stormrage:
Flyndar (60) - Dwarf Priest - Tailoring (300), Enchanting (300)
Minimagi (60) - Gnome Mage - Herbalism (300), Engineering (301)
Galreth (60) - Human Warrior - Blacksmithing (300), Alchemy (300); Critical Mass by name, Lurker in spirit
ArynWindborn (19) - Human Paladin - Mining/Engineering (121)

Messages In This Thread
Priests. Why we are so ..umm.. difficult. - by mjdoom - 05-05-2005, 04:57 PM
Priests. Why we are so ..umm.. difficult. - by savaughn - 05-06-2005, 05:27 PM