Don't know much about
The release of the PvP Honor system recently cemented my beliefs that:
I don't really think it's fun to a)raid TM, or fight over Nesingwary's b)murder opponents who have just come off of being beaten within an inch of their life
At the current rate I'm not likely to ever reach 60 on a PvP server, owing to the number of involuntary distractions
This game isn't much fun if you can't play with people you know on at least some level (I started on Kel'T because one of my friends was on it)

So I've decided I want to "move" to Terenas, and by that I mean starting a new character. I started a Warrior, but that's an experience I've spent some time on already. Using the same logic, I probably (no guarantees) wouldn't start a Druid or Priest, and would be slightly unlikely to start a Warlock (I've spent the most time playing Locks but they're also my favorite, especially when I don't have no shot :P at fighting a gank). Since horde doesn't have Paladins, that basically leaves me with four options: Hunter, Shaman, Mage, Rogue.

I know a pretty limited amount about these classes (I only know what I've observed from fighting them, and watching my brother play a rogue). So before I choose I'd like to know some things about these classes.

First off, Shaman and Druid are typically described as Hybrid classes. What's different about playing a Shaman than a Druid (aside from the obvious like Mail and Shields, but no Shapeshift forms)? I'm talking mostly about fighting style and not specific perks.

Mages: how do they compare to Rogues? I'm particularly wondering about how resistances/immunities factor into late game soloing and group play (is it as "you almost have to have two trees to be able to kill everything" as D2 sorceresses), and how the damage compares. Which of the aforemention classes is usually the favorite for instances? Which one is best for group PvP (i.e. Battlegrounds, not mindless Southshore zergs)?

Lastly, I find rogues to be a bit...confusing. I'm lost in all the attack skills and stuff. How do Shamans and Hunters (classes that seem to have a lot of aspects as well) compare to Rogues, and Warlocs and Druids (which I understand much better than Rogues)? My plan right now is to choose one of the races beginning in Durotar so are Troll or Orc racial traits better than Tauren or Undead (which both seem really good in comparison) for any of these classes? I try not to play by the Traits book (especially since Troll Females have the best one of all, cool hair!) but I just have to ask.

Whew! Sorry about all those questions, but I would like to know some things before I start up. Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
Don't know much about - by Gregorius - 04-30-2005, 08:46 PM
Don't know much about - by Watto44 - 05-01-2005, 02:24 AM
Don't know much about - by Sir_Die_alot - 05-01-2005, 04:18 AM
Don't know much about - by Rinnhart - 05-01-2005, 07:28 AM
Don't know much about - by The Gnu - 05-01-2005, 11:34 AM
Don't know much about - by Gregorius - 05-02-2005, 02:39 AM
Don't know much about - by Mavfin - 05-03-2005, 05:58 PM
Don't know much about - by KiloVictor - 05-03-2005, 06:23 PM
Don't know much about - by Quark - 05-03-2005, 06:32 PM