About the Elitism of the Lurker's Lounge
Abramelin,Apr 29 2005, 07:35 PM Wrote:If this website is meant for elitist people , then why not select the people before registering  ?
When registering, ask them what they do as a living , ask  them their age (for instance , "you are not allowed to register below 18 years old" ) , ask them their level of education ,etc...
By not selecting people when registering as a member , you imply that you can accept any people , but  not necessarily the worst people of the internet , let's not exaggerate.
When someone doesn't suit your standards , you let this member know that  you don't like his talk/standards. You should warn people when registering , that's where lies your hypocrisy. People are not always aware of the standards that you require here when they register.
As for elitist talk in this forum,do I read it here ? I don't.  However you claim that you are elitists , that you have high intellectual standerds but you don't bring elitist topics. Do you talk about maths ? No. Do you talk about nature/environment ? No. Do you talk about philosophy ? No, and even if you do , you quickly hijack the topic or make fun of it . I made some . All I got is trolling , or quick answers , incoherent posts . Is that what you so called elitism ? You are elitists for english , but you are not elitists for the topics and the answers that you post.

Besides , if you only want to keep elitsist people , I avise you to make your own website with a selection when registering and a password that allows only registered members to access the website.That would meet your expectations.Some websites do it , you know. And if you are that smart, making one is within your  means.
By the way , I have a higher education but I don't boast .That doesn't prevent me from respecting and enjoying the  posts of the people who don't have my standards/ideas.
[right][snapback]75738[/snapback][/right]

Math? We have that covered. Yep, lots of that in the past. Nature? Environment? Those to. LOTS of bloody noses over those. Philosophy? We get that too. We play a deadly game called "Moral Combat!" You prove you are right the only way it matters. Just watch Pete pull a "Plato Piledriver" some time. Or watch my "Socratic Combatic Method." Watch Occhi pull a "Nietzsche Noogie." Shadow has been known to enter the fray and apply a "Hegel 'hurt so much' Headlock." (Occasionally on me! Ow) We hold our punches back most of the time out of consideration for each other. We are friends. But we have been known to tweak each other's noses out of boredom.

You don't see some of those threads because they got locked, erased, or lost in the sands of time. I would rather see Cthulhu rise up out of the ocean than see some of these threads ever see the light of day again.

And if you see a political thread on the Lounge, FLEE! There will be carnage.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."

Messages In This Thread
About the Elitism of the Lurker's Lounge - by Guest - 04-29-2005, 10:54 PM
About the Elitism of the Lurker's Lounge - by Doc - 04-29-2005, 11:00 PM
About the Elitism of the Lurker's Lounge - by Guest - 04-29-2005, 11:23 PM
About the Elitism of the Lurker's Lounge - by Guest - 04-29-2005, 11:25 PM
About the Elitism of the Lurker's Lounge - by Doc - 04-29-2005, 11:32 PM
About the Elitism of the Lurker's Lounge - by Guest - 04-30-2005, 12:35 AM
About the Elitism of the Lurker's Lounge - by Doc - 04-30-2005, 12:37 AM
About the Elitism of the Lurker's Lounge - by Doc - 04-30-2005, 12:54 AM