Old games are still fun.
Considering my computer is pretty much unable to play ANY game that requires a 3D accelerator (which is every NEW game, and a very large percentage of anything made after 1999 or so), I am forced to play the old games (typically five or more years old), and sometimes even THOSE don't run too well on my computer (Quake II was made in 1997, and I can't exceed more than 15 fps at 400x300 res!). Fortunately, a lot of the older games are/were REALLY GOOD games, too. I still regularly play the Infinity Engine games, though my protagonist always ends up a Paladin of one form or another. I intend on playing Icewind Dale II as soon as I can buy it, but because of my low processor speed and lack of anything capable for displaying high-resolution (800x600 is HIGH for my computer) high-definition models, I doubt I'll be able to run it (at decent framerates.)

The old games I typically play include Quake II, C&C: Red Alert 2, Age of Empires II, Half-Life, Diablo, Diablo II (yes, D2 is an old game - it's nearly three years old!), Warcraft II, Descent, Descent II, and Lords of the Realm II. They don't feature quick or flashy graphics (not that I could run them), but they are still a good bit of fun. I get bored pretty easily because I've played them all to death, but that's the price of having an obsolete machine :(
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.

Messages In This Thread
Old games are still fun. - by WarLocke - 04-17-2003, 04:07 PM
Old games are still fun. - by --Pete - 04-17-2003, 04:28 PM
Old games are still fun. - by Baajikiil - 04-17-2003, 04:38 PM
Old games are still fun. - by Ackpth - 04-17-2003, 08:45 PM
Old games are still fun. - by Kharohz - 04-17-2003, 10:17 PM
Old games are still fun. - by WarLocke - 04-18-2003, 05:57 PM
Old games are still fun. - by Baajikiil - 04-18-2003, 07:35 PM
Old games are still fun. - by Artega - 04-20-2003, 01:25 AM