Combat build critique
GentlemanLoser,Apr 27 2005, 06:42 AM Wrote:...

I’m alos unsure of what professions to take.  Herbalsim would be usefull for things like Thistle Tea (Although I’ve not a fan of Alchemy), Leatherworking for Devilsaur or Engineering for PvP applications…

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks!
[right][snapback]75384[/snapback][/right]

A note on the profession question - You don't need to be a fan of Alchemy to make Thistle Tea as it is a Cooking recipe, and nothing says that you have to take Alchemy along with Herbalism. However, it might be better NOT to take Herbalism if you don't want to do Alchemy (Agility potions, *drool*) - Swifthistle is found on Briarthorn bushes, which is quite easy to pick. You could either start an 'Herbalism Alt' to go around and pick Briarthorn looking for Swifthistle, or simply buy it from the Auction House. I'd reccomend against getting Herbalism without Alchemy as (almost all) the herbs are not used in anything else, and, with a few exceptions (Stranglekelp, for some reason) does not sell well at the Auction House.

I think your best options are:

Skinning-Leatherworking: Make your own armor; there are some pieces that are excellent for Rogues in the low-mid-levels, as well as some quite good later pieces.

Mining-Engineering: Make your own bombs, devices, pets, etc. I have never tried it past about 100 skill so I can't comment on how 'good' it is, nor how expensive it is to come by the components that you can't get with mining.

Mining-Skinning: on the assumption that it's better to gather and sell the materials in the Auction House, and then use the profits to buy yourself quite possibly better equipment. Mining includes the refining of the metals that you gather; Skinning without leatherworking is only minorly annoying in that you can't combine thinner leathers into thicker ones or cure hides. Buy the biggest packs you can afford for this one :P

In any case take:

Cooking: only needs to be up to 60 (correct me if I'm wrong) to make Thistle Tea; it's up to you if you want to continue on for the better and better foods that buff stats when you eat.

First Aid: in my opinion, a-freakin-mazingly useful for Rogues. Faster downtime (First Aid heals much faster than food, unless you are nearly dead) is one advantage. However, rogues are very able to use it in (single) combat with Gouge - just gouge and hit yourself with a bandage. You won't get the full effect of the heal, but will still get most. With Improved Gouge, you might be able to get the whole Bandage worth of healing. Of course, this fails as soon as you are against more than one target.
[Image: gurnseyheader6lk.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Combat build critique - by GentlemanLoser - 04-27-2005, 02:42 PM
Combat build critique - by Gurnsey - 04-27-2005, 05:33 PM
Combat build critique - by Gurnsey - 04-27-2005, 06:47 PM
Combat build critique - by playingtokrush - 04-27-2005, 08:11 PM
Combat build critique - by Gurnsey - 04-27-2005, 08:16 PM
Combat build critique - by Gurnsey - 04-27-2005, 08:19 PM
Combat build critique - by vor_lord - 04-27-2005, 08:37 PM
Combat build critique - by Gurnsey - 04-27-2005, 08:41 PM
Combat build critique - by Malakar - 04-27-2005, 08:49 PM
Combat build critique - by Gurnsey - 04-27-2005, 08:57 PM