Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW?
nobbie,Apr 27 2005, 04:07 AM Wrote:Thanks for the info so far, everyone.
What exactly are the issues with the high-level Warlock minions (Infernal, Doomguard)? I haven't been following the discussions for quite a while. I'd also be interested in knowing WHY Blizzard did not yet fix these obviously glaring issues.
[right][snapback]75364[/snapback][/right]

My pet theory (unintentional pun, sorry!) is that somebody at Blizzard does actually have an idea about how they want this to work, and the players haven't yet figured that out. A contributing factor may be that the game isn't yet working as intended, although we don't seem to get a straight answer on that yet.

Unfortunately, a lot of people seem to think that a Doomguard or Infernal should be the uber-pet, with massive damage dealing capabilities *and* the same summon-and-forget mechanics that the other pets have. Clearly that's not what Blizzard intended, because they could make that happen tomorrow if it were the case. And yet the whinging continues on the WoW forums, 'cause people can't get it into their heads that these are not "pets" the same way the lesser ones are. <_<

Blizzard has set these up as demons that can be summoned and controlled for a very short time, but offer tons of damage while they're under control -- I've seen people post that they make fights like Lucifron in MC substantially easier, but I haven't yet seen one used there. Nonetheless, the idea of a high-risk, high-damage, short-term pet does sound like a boss-killer, so I think this may be what is intended for the two end game "pets". I'm pretty sure we'll see the cookie-cutter recipes for this out pretty soon.

My warlock is 53 now, and I've only just begun playing with the Infernal. So far, he is (obviously) pretty powerful, but the hassle of keeping him enslaved is definitely annoying. Can't wait to try the Doomguard. :ph34r:

Kv

Messages In This Thread
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 04-26-2005, 11:41 PM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 04-27-2005, 02:10 AM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 04-27-2005, 12:58 PM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 04-27-2005, 01:13 PM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by KiloVictor - 04-27-2005, 03:55 PM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 04-29-2005, 09:13 PM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 05-06-2005, 10:55 PM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 05-17-2005, 03:31 PM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 05-17-2005, 07:53 PM