I am looking for a specific polyphonic ringtone
gekko,Apr 13 2005, 09:06 PM Wrote:Your solution, while unfortunately made almost neccessary by the ignorant masses, is just as unfortunately a bad solution.

Emergencies, by their very nature, occur at unpredictable moments.  No, people in movie theatres should not have their ringer turned on.  No, they should not take chit-chat phone calls in the middle of dinner.  However, your solution is just as hard on the responsable cell phone user -- yes, we do exist -- as it is on the ignorant ones.

Cell phones get misused and abused; however, that doesn't make cell phones the problem.  People have been ignorant jerks since the dawn of time.  The fact that public cell phone use is the current annoying trend doesn't in any way mean all cell phone users are bad.

I open doors for ladies, I make my girlfriend wear my coat when the temperature drops expectedly -- and I use my cell phone in public places.  Discreetly.  Quietly.  As little as possible.

gekko
[right][snapback]73872[/snapback][/right]

Common sense is never common. I congradulate you on your reason. People like you I don't have much of an issue with. I would even go as far to apologize for my jammer. You are the exception rather than the standard. Because of the standard, I am forced to take drastic measures to protect my own sanity and to protect the safety of idiots around me. When riled, I can be incredibly dangerous. All those years I held back my ability for violence, my attempt to be a pacifist was merely because I self medicated with alcohol. I could repress the urge to strangle people.

Now that I am completely stone cold sober, I have lost all sense of patience. Short fuse. I have been putting people in their place more often lately. I have lost my ability to be a pacifist. So I am removing my triggers and adapting my environment for my needs. The jammer is more for the safety of the public around me than it is for my own sanity. :lol:
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."

Messages In This Thread
I am looking for a specific polyphonic ringtone - by Doc - 04-14-2005, 02:33 AM