Scoop! Leaked notes at least partially accurate!
Drasca,Apr 11 2005, 09:01 AM Wrote:Over here, warlocks have been #1 target because we have no instant defense. If a priest is ambushed, he can spam psychic scream until out of stunlock... actually, in one situation vs alliance in ST, the rogue preferred to engage me thinking I was an easy target. Not with my demonology Soul link out. My party behind me made short work of them as I took all their damage and dished damage out. The unexpected is our best weapon.
[right][snapback]73587[/snapback][/right]

Just because you have run into a foolish rogue doesn't mean everyone else has the same problem.

Drasca,Apr 11 2005, 09:01 AM Wrote:Priests tend to have no trouble running through a crowd and spamming psychic scream due to instant. If it were even .1 second cast, you would not be able to do this, running or standing still (interrupts).

If you want to do this you better have 3 (or more priests). Psychic Scream does have a cooldown. Spamming it is not an option and as MJ points out its range is very limited. It is also limited to 3 targets as opposed to the 5 of piercing howl. For a priest to run into melee range (especially of more than 3 targets) to get a scream off is potential suicide which has now depleted your party of a healer.

Drasca,Apr 11 2005, 09:01 AM Wrote:I've never seen psychic scream dispelled, or go less than full duration, where fear's always been resisted/broken early by various means. Lasting 2 second for a sometimes 4-6 second cast off a non-undead that costs more than priest's psychic scream is not worth it.

If you don't want to dispel it that is your prerogative. But both Scream and Fear can be resisted or dispelled by the exact same means. To try to draw any conclusions of one vs. the other based on fear immunity or dispelability (is that even a word?) is simply ignorance. I don't know how calculations are done for the spells potentially breaking early so I can't comment specifically about that, but if it does break early at least you have the option to refear a target (a limited number of times now) while we are still waiting for our cooldown to run out.

- mjdoom
Stormrage:
Flyndar (60) - Dwarf Priest - Tailoring (300), Enchanting (300)
Minimagi (60) - Gnome Mage - Herbalism (300), Engineering (301)
Galreth (60) - Human Warrior - Blacksmithing (300), Alchemy (300); Critical Mass by name, Lurker in spirit
ArynWindborn (19) - Human Paladin - Mining/Engineering (121)

Messages In This Thread
Scoop! Leaked notes at least partially accurate! - by mjdoom - 04-11-2005, 05:40 PM