Electric Armor
jahcs,Apr 7 2005, 11:14 PM Wrote:Anti RPG Electric Armor
The jist of the article is that additional outer armor is placed in the vehicle and can be electrified - which nullifies the jet of metal that RPG's use to penetrate armor.

This was shown to me by a friend.  Interesting if it's true.  Anyone "in the know" ever hear of this before?
[right][snapback]73365[/snapback][/right]

A friend of mine is currently involved in military research. One of the things he mentioned that they are really looking for is a way to defend against RPGs. I forwarded this link to him, perhaps it could be of use.

Just a quick glance at this system makes me wonder how useful it will really be. One of the main problems with these inexpensive RPGs is that they are being fired from unexpected places. If some civilian opens up with one from somewhere unexpected, how do you know to trigger your 'electric armor'? It can't be running all the time can it?

They really need an advanced detection system to go along with this armor to make it truely effective. If it's inexpensive and small enough though, it looks like it's better than nothing.

EDIT: Forgot to remove picture from quote.

Messages In This Thread
Electric Armor - by jahcs - 04-08-2005, 04:14 AM
Electric Armor - by Baajikiil - 04-08-2005, 02:31 PM
Electric Armor - by Baajikiil - 04-08-2005, 03:54 PM
Electric Armor - by Occhidiangela - 04-08-2005, 04:25 PM
Electric Armor - by Selby - 04-09-2005, 12:55 AM
Electric Armor - by jahcs - 04-09-2005, 01:38 AM