Old games are still fun.
I was digging in my games duffel a few days ago (I have a terrible tendency to lose or otherwise destroy boxes, so I try to keep the jewel cases together), and found an oldie but goodie: Might & Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven.

M&MVI dates back from 1998 (or 1997? Somewhere in there), but it's still enormously fun! I've forgotten much of what I learned when I first bought/played it though, and since it's my only experience with the M&M franchise (what are they up to now? IX or X?) I didn't know much to begin with...

This time around I went with a fairly basic party, a Knight/Archer/Cleric/Sorceror group, concentrating (so far) on Fire and Water with the Sorceror (Water Walk/Lloyd's Beacon, yeah), Body with the Cleric (Spirit and Mind spells seem kind of... Meh), and Air with the Archer (Wizard Eye is extremely useful at Expert ranking, and Fly will probably be essential later).

I'm not exactly far into the game (New Sorpigal cleared except for the Temple of Baa, Mist done except for Silverhelm Post, trolling the Ironfist Castle countryside), but am having a blast!

Who was it that was an extreme M&M junkie? With the Druid/Druid/Druid/Sorceror party? Pete? Or am I mixing things up? Would be great to get some pointers...

- WL
Sig disabled until I get around to trimming it.

Messages In This Thread
Old games are still fun. - by WarLocke - 04-17-2003, 04:07 PM
Old games are still fun. - by --Pete - 04-17-2003, 04:28 PM
Old games are still fun. - by Baajikiil - 04-17-2003, 04:38 PM
Old games are still fun. - by Ackpth - 04-17-2003, 08:45 PM
Old games are still fun. - by Kharohz - 04-17-2003, 10:17 PM
Old games are still fun. - by WarLocke - 04-18-2003, 05:57 PM
Old games are still fun. - by Baajikiil - 04-18-2003, 07:35 PM
Old games are still fun. - by Artega - 04-20-2003, 01:25 AM