Five Player Running Lower Blackrock Spire
Tal,Mar 14 2005, 08:22 AM Wrote:O.o I am constantly amazed by the number of folks who come completely unprepared for a long instance. The other night our run on Black Rock Depths was paused because the hunter in the group was down to 185 rounds of ammo. On another occassion in a random grouping I had to give the stack of 20 drinks I had to the warlock because she had left town without any and there was no mage in teh party. She was not happy that I only had Moonberry juice and asked our priest for a stack of Morning Glory Dew - he flat out refused. ;)
[right][snapback]70694[/snapback][/right]
There was once where I forgot to have mana pots on my priest when doing an instance. I had drinks, but no mana pots and discovered it after a somewhat hairy fight. As soon as I mentioned that I had forgot to take them out of the bank, both the mage and the warlock gave me some. It definitely burned into my mind to remember to get them out of the bank before an instance. Most of the time I don't run with them because the size of mana pot that I can use right now just doesn't give me much mana compared to my mana pool. It's a drop in the bucket, but will give me enough for a bit more healing. I generally don't carry them around during normal questing (I do have them if we're doing elite quests) because it's usually just GG and I questing and if things are so bad that I completely run out of mana healing just him and he's still taking damage that renew and the occasional flash heal can't keep up with when I'm out of mana, it's time to run anyway.

That said, I still will not ask for drinks. I keep, at minimum, a stack of 20 drinks on me at all time. I don't drink often (love HoTs and DoTs for mana conservation), but when I do need to drink, I need to drink. I won't turn down free water from mages, but I don't ask for it either. It's nicer to burn to the free drinks than the drinks that drop throughout the world (haven't had to buy a drink yet except for quests and the Stormrage party ;) ) so I don't turn down the free drinks.

And when I'm a priest with no mage in the party, I am really not going to give up my found drinks to a warlock. They can still be effective even with low mana. They aren't as effective as they could be of course, but they can still contribute to the party with low mana thanks to their minions and DoTs. I'm pretty much a waste as a priest and really slow the whole party down if I can't drink when I'm low on/out of mana, mages are as well.
Intolerant monkey.

Messages In This Thread
Five Player Running Lower Blackrock Spire - by Treesh - 03-14-2005, 02:44 PM