Ganking hunters (needs testing)
kandrathe,Mar 4 2005, 02:16 PM Wrote:A couple days ago I was on my way through Ashenvale to acquire a new pet for my Night Elf, so I had temporarily tamed a giant spider who while happy was still at level 1 in the loyalty area.  He was set in the default defensive mode.  A group of 6 horde ran up from the Barrens and was systematically taking out the Sentinals in the area, as I watched not feeling like I could take on the 6 myself.  One of the Orc warriors let off Thunder Clap and my pet was within the AOE and became enraged and attacked.  I was now flagged, and summarily executed. 

Anyway, I now run with my pets in Passive mode and stay well clear of Horde raiding parties.

I'm willing to build a temporary Tauren Warrior (who have inately have war stomp) on StormRage to test this in the Barrens with any hunters pets which should be able to replicate the effect.
[right][snapback]69761[/snapback][/right]

From the Patch Notes - 3/07/05 ;
Quote:Pets in defensive mode that respond to attacks will no longer flag their masters for PvP. If the master issues an explicit attack command, the master will be flagged.

See. I wasn't insane. :D
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Ganking hunters (needs testing) - by kandrathe - 03-04-2005, 07:16 PM
Ganking hunters (needs testing) - by MongoJerry - 03-05-2005, 01:20 AM
Ganking hunters (needs testing) - by kandrathe - 03-07-2005, 11:40 PM
Ganking hunters (needs testing) - by Mirajj - 03-20-2005, 04:20 AM
Ganking hunters (needs testing) - by kandrathe - 03-22-2005, 03:50 PM