KOTOR II
jahcs,Feb 22 2005, 04:07 PM Wrote:-No multiplayer.  This game is huge with lots of neat things to do and find, It was tough to keep playing because I wanted to share places and items with friends.
[right][snapback]68731[/snapback][/right]

A few comments, as always. Just adding some perspective, I generally agree with you jahcs.

No multi-player is a trade off. I've never seen this level of modibility (since, bolo) or focus on single-player so much in any multiplayer game--as multiplayer games tend to try to make the game hard to tamper with. Warcraft and Starcraft mods have gone above and beyond expectations, but even those maps have their limits.

Individual modability is inherently left to single-player games. This is a practical limit and trade off to multiplayer games. What is cool and stable on one machine will not necessarily be so on another.
Quote:-There are a few nearly game breaking items you can find.  Use items like the Robe of St. Roris at your own peril.

There are, but generally you must go out of your way to get them. Those with foreknowledge of the game will not find it difficult to acquire goodies, but generally a short bow and quiver of 100 arrows used for sniping off roof-tops is going to be as game breaking as you'll get. Even then, you must find some out of the way manner to perch onto untouchably high areas.
Quote:-The game in it's original version has quite a few issues that cause lock ups and crashes, patches fix most of these.  Save often on multiple files.  A few quests can be broken on accident too.

Since we're web saavy people, patching should not be a problem. Additionally, the retail version is mostly "Game of the Year" version with extra expansion packs and their respective patches included. Just be sure to install in the following order: Morrowind--->Tribunal--->Bloodmoon.

I recommend multiple save files too. Just good practice. WIth the exception of a killing spree, it is generally difficult to break quests. Be confused on quests on where to go, always a problem--at least mine. . . throughtout many games

Messages In This Thread
KOTOR II - by Thecla - 02-12-2005, 08:48 AM
KOTOR II - by Armin - 02-22-2005, 08:41 AM
KOTOR II - by Kylearan - 02-22-2005, 11:06 AM
KOTOR II - by Urza-DSF - 02-22-2005, 02:35 PM
KOTOR II - by Jester - 02-22-2005, 06:54 PM
KOTOR II - by jahcs - 02-22-2005, 09:07 PM
KOTOR II - by Drasca - 02-22-2005, 09:58 PM
KOTOR II - by Dozer - 02-23-2005, 03:12 AM
KOTOR II - by Kylearan - 02-23-2005, 10:38 AM
KOTOR II - by loonygloss - 02-27-2005, 08:50 AM
KOTOR II - by loonygloss - 02-27-2005, 09:34 AM