KOTOR II
Things like books, games and movies, especially if they are made for entertainment, need to have a "hook" early in the game to grab the reader/gamer/viewer. They also have to hold back enough to give you a few suprises. It's a tough balance.

The easiest way to get me to shelve a game is to have bad gameplay/archaic control structure that is not easy to learn or to make a very early boss or puzzle so difficult that I want to snap the CD in half or use it for a coaster. I am not one of those people who thought Myst was too easy and never went searching for hints on the internet but I will take the time to examine my approach to a problem and try to find another solution. Since I am very carefull when selecting what games I purchase, and I don't buy many, I will even try to play a "dumb" game through to completion. There is a difference between game difficulty and gamer frustration.

Morrowind was a great game, in my opinion. A few faults to watch out for:
-The leveling system sounds good in theory (Practice a skill enough times and you level in that skill, level enough skills and your overall level increases.) but in execution it's a bit silly. There are a few mods out there that may address this.
-Spellcasters don't regenerate fast enough unless you pack some serious potions. Again, there are mods to fix this.
-No multiplayer. This game is huge with lots of neat things to do and find, It was tough to keep playing because I wanted to share places and items with friends.
-There are a few nearly game breaking items you can find. Use items like the Robe of St. Roris at your own peril.
-The game in it's original version has quite a few issues that cause lock ups and crashes, patches fix most of these. Save often on multiple files. A few quests can be broken on accident too.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein

Messages In This Thread
KOTOR II - by Thecla - 02-12-2005, 08:48 AM
KOTOR II - by Armin - 02-22-2005, 08:41 AM
KOTOR II - by Kylearan - 02-22-2005, 11:06 AM
KOTOR II - by Urza-DSF - 02-22-2005, 02:35 PM
KOTOR II - by Jester - 02-22-2005, 06:54 PM
KOTOR II - by jahcs - 02-22-2005, 09:07 PM
KOTOR II - by Drasca - 02-22-2005, 09:58 PM
KOTOR II - by Dozer - 02-23-2005, 03:12 AM
KOTOR II - by Kylearan - 02-23-2005, 10:38 AM
KOTOR II - by loonygloss - 02-27-2005, 08:50 AM
KOTOR II - by loonygloss - 02-27-2005, 09:34 AM