How to Win Friends and Influence Priests
Unfortunately, damage is the way to hold aggro right now. Defensive Stance sacrifices damage output, and that means you're MUCH more reliant on skills to contain aggro, rather than sheer damage output.

Obviously, this is fine if your party wants to wait thirty seconds or so for you to get a Sunder or two on every mob in the pull, but that just takes too long.

My party frequently has two mages. A pull works like this: I use Charge, and use the rage generated for a quick Whirlwind, then a Dem-snare combo. The mages charge in and spam IAE and/or Blizzard interspersed with Frost Novas and Blinks. The mobs die, the Priest has about 80% MP left, the Mages have about 35% MP left. I start a new pull, and the Shaman and I proceed to kill the mobs while the mages drink. The mages get up after they're done drinking, nuke whatever's left, and rinse and repeat.

I honestly think that using a heater and beater isn't productive. Some swear by it, but it is MUCH easier to hold aggro with a standard 2H setup. The way my group clears the instances might not be the "correct" way, but it's DAMN sure faster than the "correct" way.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.

Messages In This Thread
How to Win Friends and Influence Priests - by Tal - 02-22-2005, 04:42 PM
How to Win Friends and Influence Priests - by Tal - 02-22-2005, 04:47 PM
How to Win Friends and Influence Priests - by Tal - 02-22-2005, 07:02 PM
How to Win Friends and Influence Priests - by Artega - 02-22-2005, 07:08 PM
How to Win Friends and Influence Priests - by Tal - 02-22-2005, 07:35 PM
How to Win Friends and Influence Priests - by Tal - 02-23-2005, 04:07 AM