Guild Wars: Character Profession Primary attribute
I can understand where [I think] Swiss Mercenary's argument is coming from. If you were to strip all skills away from the characters, Soul Reaping will provide you with the ability to gain mana aside from regeneration whereas Energy Storage only allows for the capacity to hold more mana. The fact that there are skills that can allow for alternate methods of insta-mana is irrelevant since the topic is (or was) about comparing the various primary [only] skills without looking at the usage of skills to enhance or support them.

On a personal level, I would probably prefer Soul Reaping, at least in PvE. It has been my experience that once you get to any area with Mesmers & co. that enchantments will be stripped off before your allies can drain their energy and kill them. Granted that's not as much of an issue for casters who get to stay a (relatively) nice distance away from the bad guys.

In PvP/GvG the added energy at the getgo would (to me) be more beneficial since it would help against other players who are probably going to be draining your energy reserves. The added max to energy would allow you to get an extra spell or two off before energy conservation and replenishment starts to be come an issue. Of course I'll have to actually try PvP at some point before I can actually comment on it without delving into hypotheticals...
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm

Messages In This Thread
Guild Wars: Character Profession Primary attribute - by Wyrm - 02-13-2005, 09:01 PM