Guild Wars: Character Profession Primary attribute
Walkiry,Feb 9 2005, 08:51 AM Wrote:Bolded text: Does that mean no more 15% death penalty on the owner of the pet, or no penalty for the pet itself? I still have nightmares about my Moa Bird dying a horrible death and crippling me for an entire mission. I even stopped resurrecting him.
[right][snapback]67669[/snapback][/right]

That's what we all used to do. The death penalty for player upon pet death has been removed, and far as I can tell there's no death penalty for pet.

So... yes. Instant punching bag, but with a few call of protection skills with damage reduction. Oh boy, near invincible punching bag. I do not know if there's a minimum damage after -dr kicks in, but my pets nearly never died once I offered skill support. Yes, that commits half the skill bar for an extremely strong pet with 2 damage reduction skills, one pet ressurect/heal skill, and one charm animal to keep him there.. but it can be worth it. Especially so, when there are no official tanks.

Granted, in most situations you only need one damage reduction beast skill, but for those times when you do not have a tank. . . You'll want that near-invincible pet.

Messages In This Thread
Guild Wars: Character Profession Primary attribute - by Drasca - 02-09-2005, 09:18 PM