Guild Wars: Character Profession Primary attribute
TaiDaishar,Feb 7 2005, 01:52 PM Wrote:Rules of Engagement:
[right][snapback]67485[/snapback][/right]

Zeroeth Law: Kill mesmers.

They can seriously mess with your head.

In PvE, the most obviously deadly of mesmers are Wind Riders in jungle missions, The Wilds, Bloodstone Fen, Aurora Glade. They are a level 12 enemy when most characters are level 14-17. They still kill greatly.

Wind riders have Cry of Frustration, and Conjure Phantasm.

Cry of frustration is an interception / counterspell, if it catches you using a skill which players do almost all the time, it'll interrupt you and your compatriots nearby (very noticeable with a little #$%^ sign above your characters heads), and do damage.

Conjure Phantasm HEX isn't much damage, but it stacks, and all that negative health generation over a long period of time means the player will have a hard time being healed--AND when the player runs away he'll still die unless healed for an unknown needed amount of health.

These partial mesmers monsters are underleveled for the areas they're occupying, and still cause a lot of trouble for Players who face them. I myself have been subject to their killing powers many times. They're less troublesome as a mesmer myself, or greatly overpowering them, but... this just goes to show.

Mesmers are a threat even beyond enemy healers, as mesmers can sap your ability to play.

Messages In This Thread
Guild Wars: Character Profession Primary attribute - by Drasca - 02-07-2005, 07:38 PM