New D2 Calculator
Up at the top here I'll show updates/progess on the program:

*Now reorded the runes as of adeyke's request to go from El in top left, down the column in order, instead of across.
*Runeword "Grief" is now spelled right (adeyke).
*Holy Thunder's clvl is now correctly at 24 (adeyke).

() = person who noticed
Actual first post:

Now, I know Diablo 2 has been around now for quite a while, and the player base is dwindling. But, a few months ago my friend got me back into the game, and so now I'm playing once again fairly steadily on US East.

In the meantime, I had just started my senior year at highschool and was midway through an intro to Java programming class. I got bored, and got an idea, to make a runeword calculator. To make something where the user could input all of the runes they have, then click a button, and all of the runewords that they could possibly make would be displayed. This would help me much because I wouldn't have to flip through papers/the Arreat Summit and compare and contrast what I owned anymore, while giving me some real experience at creating something that was easy to use.

I wasn't sure if this had been made already, but I decided to go with it anyway.

A little while later, and a bunch more runewords were released, so I figured it was time to go to work, and after about a month I have finally finished to where I am happy to "release" it.

But here's the problem, I really do not know how? I've scanned the Lurker Lounge for quite a while, way before the long shutdown, but never really could consider myself smart enough to post :) And so I know a lot of you are really bright and would know how to do this, so it's to all of you that I turn.

I don't have a place that I can host it, because I can't afford to pay for any web hosting, and because I designed it as a stand alone application instead of an applet, I don't know if I can use geocities or not. I wanted to somehow attach it to this post so you all could just download it and try it, but it doesn't appear that I can do so. If there is anyone out there that can host it or something so everyone can get to it, that would be great. If you want a copy of it, just send me an email, and I'll send you one as soon as I get to it. ----------> mitchszz@hotmail.com

I want to know what you all think because this is my first actual program that tries to appeal to people, instead of a textbook.

US East ROCKS!!! *Esahaettr

*I may not know the answer, but the voices in my head probably do.
*Cows may come and cows may go, but the bull in here will live on forever.

Messages In This Thread
New D2 Calculator - by Esahaettr - 01-25-2005, 12:19 AM
New D2 Calculator - by Occhidiangela - 01-25-2005, 04:07 PM
New D2 Calculator - by Dozer - 01-26-2005, 02:03 AM
New D2 Calculator - by Esahaettr - 01-26-2005, 03:07 AM
New D2 Calculator - by Dozer - 01-27-2005, 01:42 AM
New D2 Calculator - by adeyke - 01-27-2005, 02:18 AM
New D2 Calculator - by Esahaettr - 01-27-2005, 02:34 AM
New D2 Calculator - by adeyke - 01-27-2005, 04:30 AM
New D2 Calculator - by lfd - 01-27-2005, 09:38 AM
New D2 Calculator - by Esahaettr - 01-27-2005, 12:33 PM
New D2 Calculator - by Esahaettr - 02-02-2005, 01:02 AM