What can change the nature of a man?
Bolty,Apr 4 2003, 01:49 PM Wrote:I don't think there was ever a better story/plot in a computer game than in Torment.

-Bolty
Word up Bolty,

I know some people aren't gonna like me for this, but I haven't played any computer games (besides Diablo 2, of course..) for a while, and so for good games that actually have PLOT to them I've been having my fill of console games. There are some pretty good plots out there, ranging from real-life occurences to extra-ordinary happenings. But one game that really stood out for me both in plot and actual gameplay was The Legend of Dragoon for the Playstation. (Yes, the first one.) It had a beautifully woven plot that took you across many different backdrops, although it's kinda hard for me to remember now, as I played it a long time ago. But what was amazing about the game was that you would have to rev-visit some places more than once in order to advance the story. And what I liked about that was it changed as the story progressed.
For example, in one part, you must rescue a girl from a jail, but much later in the book, you must go back and rescue a prince, only to find that the jail has crumbled, and the prince is being held on the roof of it. It was parts like that that held me captivated and wanting to play through even more, just to see the next five minutes of it.

Another game which may be a bit odd is Metal Gear Solid, also for the Playstation. (I didn't really enjoy the second...that plot twist dissapointed me.) It actually made me feel like I was in the game, because the plot and atmosphere all melded together to create one of the most memorable experiences that I'd had.

okay, my 2 cents have been collected. Over and out.

Umm, people? In the Interplay home page, it says that the game (Planescape: Torment) is no longer available. Does that mean I can't purchase it? Because I've been reading everybody's posts, and it sounds like a true plot-driven game. I really want to try it, and I was wondering if anybodu knew places where they sell it. Okay, thanks.
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. At least you'll be a mile away from them and you'll have their shoes." ~?

Stonemaul - Sneakybast, 51 Rogue
Terenas - Sneaksmccoy, 1 Rogue

Sword of Omens, give me sight beyond sight!

Messages In This Thread
What can change the nature of a man? - by Bolty - 04-04-2003, 11:58 PM
What can change the nature of a man? - by Kharohz - 04-05-2003, 03:03 AM
What can change the nature of a man? - by Artega - 04-05-2003, 03:35 AM
What can change the nature of a man? - by Bolty - 04-05-2003, 06:12 PM
What can change the nature of a man? - by Artega - 04-05-2003, 09:27 PM
What can change the nature of a man? - by Quark - 04-06-2003, 03:04 AM
What can change the nature of a man? - by Dani - 04-06-2003, 03:08 AM
What can change the nature of a man? - by Premezilla - 04-09-2003, 07:19 AM
What can change the nature of a man? - by DralaFi - 04-09-2003, 06:16 PM
What can change the nature of a man? - by DralaFi - 04-10-2003, 01:54 AM
What can change the nature of a man? - by Solanalos - 07-27-2003, 12:52 PM