A New Need-Before-Greed Loot Setting Proposal
Your three-way prompt is a nice suggestion. I have two problems with Group Loot that your post didn't mention - the lack of a Bind on Pickup confirmation for winners, and the glitter on corpses for coins. I used to be a round robin hater because it slowed down grouping as you mentioned, but it's all I use now for instances with these house rules:

1. Anything that drops on the corpse for your round is yours. In other words, vendor/enchanting loot is not manually rolled for. The random distribution inherent in the round robin cycle is sufficient for vendor loot.

2. If you see something that drops that you want or can use, just say so and it's yours. If there are two or more who want it, they manually roll.

3. Decline all Bind on Pickup item prompts so the group can discuss who gets it or gets to roll on it.

This solves Group Loot's lack of a BoP confirmation for winners while being fast (usually we only need to discuss loot on a boss drop). Rule #2 certainly opens the door for players to lie and say they need when they don't, but it hasn't been a problem so far and it doesn't take long before a pattern of greediness can be seen.

If Blizzard fixed those two problems, I would find a use for Group Loot. If they fixed those two problems and put in your three-way prompt, that's all I would use.

In reply is my original worldofwarcraft.com post that goes into more detail of why Group Loot is flawed.

Messages In This Thread
A New Need-Before-Greed Loot Setting Proposal - by JanusTich - 12-31-2004, 09:34 PM