A New Need-Before-Greed Loot Setting Proposal
MongoJerry,Dec 30 2004, 03:31 PM Wrote:Some groups also like to evenly distribute the greed loot, so a person who has won a couple of greed items might want to Pass to make sure that others who have been less lucky get a better shot at getting some of the greed loot.  Also, I've played in some parties (with mostly Amazon Basin people), where we agreed that I would get all greed items to disenchant, and then I, in turn, would enchant my partymates' items with the resulting collected material.  In this case, my other partymates would all want to pass if they had no need for the item.  I don't think having three choices overcomplicates things.
[right][snapback]63997[/snapback][/right]

I have to agree wholeheartedly. The party I generally play with are all good about sharing, and your system would make it easier to do a good job of the sharing. As a full party of 5 we ran the Deadmines and the Stockades last night, and as usual most of the drops were greed for everyone, but one of our guys rolled 3 times in the 90's for items that were need for him and one other--he then passed on the rest of items that were 'need' for the two casters due to his streak of luck.

What your system offers above our current ad-hoc system is that it eliminates the need for conversation as to whether someone needs an item. We use teamspeak to make that somewhat easier. I really like your proposal, even though I don't play in pickup groups that often and we use teamspeak. It sounds even better for pickup groups.

Messages In This Thread
A New Need-Before-Greed Loot Setting Proposal - by vor_lord - 12-31-2004, 07:51 PM