European ENGLISH WOW Collectors Edition
You're right that the German voice acting in Diablo II was definitely just plain bad, read: unimaginative, dull and without any fantasy. It made me sick too, so I finally ordered both Diablo II and the Expansion from the U.K. later. However, in my opinion, the German voice acting in WarCraft III and The Frozen Throne is GOLD compared to Diablo II, with the (minor) nit that it all sounded a bit too theatrical for my personal taste. Some lousy voice acting is in there too, but not nearly as much and bad as in Diablo II. Same goes for WOW. I also do believe that the German language CAN fit a fantasy setting very well, maybe even better than English (just think of Wagner stuff like the monumental "The Nibelungen" saga), but it requires imaginative actors with a true vision.

So, you are working as translator in Paris? You don't happen to work as German translator for the European WOW team in Velizy/Paris, do you? :)

PS: How does the German word "Brathering" translate to English? It's called "brathering" .. rrriiighttt!! :P
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller

Messages In This Thread
European ENGLISH WOW Collectors Edition - by nobbie - 12-11-2004, 01:04 AM