Where do people's forum names come from?
Back in the days of Starcraft I would play online (oooOOOooo). Had a bunch of different names, mostly nonsense kind of stuff (see: every other post in this thread). Eventually I was going to (re)name myself Demented_Zergling, alas, that name was too long for the little box, so I went with Retarted_Hydra. Not realizing (probably from lack of sleep) that I had spelt it wrong, instead of changing it, I thought it was rather fitting, being a retarded hydralisk and all.
Now being a retarted hydra is a tricky buisness, you can't just go around saying "hello" and "howdy" and "watz up dog" to people, oh no, you need to greet them properly, like how a (retarted) hydra would, so I would join a game and type "grarrrg" (being the best way I knew how to spell the noises that they made when they made noises). The most common reply was "huh?" followed by me saying "I'm a hydra, that's the noises I make", followed by "whatever"

Enter Diablo. Played around with various names for a while =:^{)- was one of my preferred, but like Prince for a while, quite hard to pronounce, let alone type easily. For some random reason I chose Grarrrg from back when I was a retated hydra.

It's unique, if you Google it you'll only find postings by me, referrences about me, or people pretending to be angry in their "blogs" or whatever you youngins call them nowadays. There's even a rather creepy DragonBallZ Fanfic with my name in it... check that... VERY creepy DBZ fanfic (I read about a paragraph and had to stop). But yeah, having 3 r's in a row in the middle of your name helps make sure that it isn't already taken by someone else.

BONUS FACT: You'd think that with a name of graRRRg I should be good at rolling my r's when speaking. I'm not.

:shuriken: NINJA SMILEY :ph34r:

Messages In This Thread
Where do people's forum names come from? - by Tal - 12-05-2004, 02:27 AM
Where do people's forum names come from? - by aaa - 12-06-2004, 07:20 PM
Where do people's forum names come from? - by aaa - 12-06-2004, 07:33 PM
Where do people's forum names come from? - by Guest - 12-09-2004, 09:13 PM