Blown away by Customer Service
Cyberpower.

I bought a computer that was one or two steps down from the top of the line that they offered at the time. I plugged it in and XP Home booted up and ran on the first try. :) Then I tried a few built in apps. System Information, Solitare, MS Word, they all worked fine. Tried to install and play Diablo II, install success! Tried to play, crash to black. Installed several other programs, games and applications, and the system locked up, crashed to black, gave windows error messages (which I wrote down), or reset itself. Internet explorer worked, for a few minutes at a time, on dial up only. And the modem would not reset itself, I had to do it manually, every time. DirectX, drivers, XP all showed latest versions.

Contact Cyberpower, they say check to make sure all equipment is seated on the mother board, easy enough. No change. :( Contact Tech support. (The computer came with 3 years of tech support and one year of on site service.) They walk me through reinstalling windows. No change. :( Call again, different operator, we go through the BIOS and drivers. No change. :( I suspect hardware issue and request on site service, request denied at this time. :( Call again, hang up because I can't understand the tech support operator and they won't connect me with a new operator. :angry: Next call, reinstall windows, again. No change. :angry: Next call request on site service, denied. :angry: Next call, operator asks if I have virus protection software, I say yes. He says to disable it and the problem will be fixed. I tell him I have not installed it yet. He then says I must have a virus. :o I don't believe him but I install Norton (that came in the software bundle with the PC) and suprise! It won't run. I request on site service, denied. :angry: :angry:

Contact Cyberpower and give them the rundown. I ask for on site service or an exchange. They say to contact tech support. I then ask for an exchange or a return authorization for the computer. The computer and monitor are then shipped back at my expense. :angry: I even asked to keep the monitor, but it was sold as a package deal and so I had to return it to.

The Cyberpower sales department was speedy and friendly. Shipping was fast and accurate. The return department was a bit of a problem. And the tech support company that they use is completely worthless!

I then bought a Gateway and have had 2 years of trouble free computing. :)
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein

Messages In This Thread
Blown away by Customer Service - by Munkay - 12-05-2004, 10:29 PM
Blown away by Customer Service - by Armin - 12-05-2004, 11:03 PM
Blown away by Customer Service - by Wyrm - 12-06-2004, 01:39 AM
Blown away by Customer Service - by Copadope - 12-06-2004, 05:06 AM
Blown away by Customer Service - by Munkay - 12-06-2004, 05:19 AM
Blown away by Customer Service - by Griselda - 12-06-2004, 07:21 AM
Blown away by Customer Service - by Urza-DSF - 12-06-2004, 08:15 AM
Blown away by Customer Service - by jahcs - 12-06-2004, 07:16 PM
Blown away by Customer Service - by Kevin - 12-06-2004, 11:25 PM
Blown away by Customer Service - by Crusader - 12-07-2004, 12:16 AM
Blown away by Customer Service - by jahcs - 12-07-2004, 02:28 AM