Where do people's forum names come from?
Sliver_Queen was taken from M:tG, although it was originally referring to Roll(from Marvel Vs Capcom/Rockman/Megaman fame) since she did pixelly damage and was female; it wasn't meant to be me. However, somehow, people got the idea I was female, I was new to the Internet, going through an identity crisis, so I didn't bother correcting them, got busted, semi-abandoned the name(If you Google it, I'm not the blogger, although you might recognise my website based on my writing style)

As for AtomicKitKat, it's a longer story.

After partly abandoning the identity of SQ(that was the contraction I used, which coincidentally, was the initials of my primary school), when I started playing The 4th Coming(MMORPG), I decided I needed a new name, so I mulled it over a bit, decided I liked Takhisis(I liked SSI's Dark Queen of Krynn and Takhisis is a cool name, no matter what), but didn't want too many people thinking I was a girl again. So I flipped it around, and made Sisihkat(An inverse female=male). I got a little sick of people always calling me Sissy Kat though, so when I mucked up and accidentally deleted the character, I changed the name to DeadlyKat(after requesting a re-level from the GM. If you played T4C, the only DeadlyKat other than Quasiworld server that was me was on Arctic or RealMUD I think) I also made a mule named Araitik(Kitiara in reverse) Around this time(2000), the British girl band Atomic Kitten was getting big, and I was somewhat of a fan, so I made another Kat, AtomicKitten. Then I joined a guild, and I couldn't quite fit the guild initials with the name(15 letter limit), so I renamed to AtomicKitty SOA. When the guild dissolved, I changed to AtomicKitKat. Up until a couple months back, I still used AtomicKitty for a MUD, till they imposed a "medieval fantasy-type names only" rule. So yeah, that's the story of my nicks.

Messages In This Thread
Where do people's forum names come from? - by Tal - 12-05-2004, 02:27 AM
Where do people's forum names come from? - by AtomicKitKat - 12-05-2004, 03:38 PM
Where do people's forum names come from? - by aaa - 12-06-2004, 07:20 PM
Where do people's forum names come from? - by aaa - 12-06-2004, 07:33 PM
Where do people's forum names come from? - by Guest - 12-09-2004, 09:13 PM