Organizing the Tichondrius Lurking Loungers Guild
I'm feeling sheepish right now. There's been some confusion over the organization of the PvP Tichondrius Lurker Lounge guild, due much to lack of communication on my part, and I'd like to straighten everything out now and get everything settled. There's been great excitement and enthusiasm over the prospect of creating a guild on the server, and I've been waiting for a concurance of a) my character having plenty of cash and b) there being a sizable chunk of lurkers logged on the server before actually starting things. I think some people may have mistakenly gotten the impression that the fact that a guild hadn't been created was simply due to malase or lack of someone getting the charter or something and this hasn't been the case. There has been a lot of enthusiasm over creating the guild and there has been a lot of discussion of it on the chat channel. I wanted to make sure all the pieces were in place before purchasing the charter, because I wanted the chartering process to be quick and painless rather than something that got dragged out for hours on end. Why all the caution? Why haven't we gotten it all done before?

1. The PvP server has fewer Lurkers on it. The most I've seen so far is seven people on at once (looking back, we probably should've done it then) and generally I see 3-4 people on at once. But we need 10 signatures.

2. The charter disappears when the person carrying it logs out or changes continents, so gathering signatures over time isn't an option.

3. There may be a bug (has been true in the past -- may or may not be true now but I am not going to take the risk) where all 10 people have to be on-line when the charter is turned in. So it's not just a matter of someone kindly logging in, signing and leaving to go play on Stormrage or whatever. All the signees need to stay logged on for the entire time. If this process gets dragged out, that's unfair to everyone. And worse is that if someone who signed doesn't realize that they needed to stay the entire time (and imagine if the process took a couple of hours -- someone might think things had been completed when they hadn't) then leaves and then the whole thing gets busted and we'd have to start over -- completely wasting everyone's time.

4. Since we probably won't have enough Lurkers on to sign the charter, we'll have to get strangers to help out. I've done this three times already, and I find it works much much faster (and is far less annoying) to bribe people with cash to sign rather than beg and plead with people to sign the charter. The speed issue is important, because obviously you have no control over when a stranger might decide to log out.

I'm sorry that I haven't communicated all this previously, but these are the reasons that I've been waiting. But it's time for the waiting to end, so let's get all get together tomorrow starting at noon PST and get this charter signed. Any help from people on other servers would be greatly appreciated. If you would like to help, make a Tauren character and join the chat channel "Lurkers", and I'll bring the charter to you. Please remember that you'll need to stay until the charter gets turned in. I'm hoping that we can get this all taken care of quickly and have ourselves a Lurking Loungers guild on Tichondrius.

Messages In This Thread
Organizing the Tichondrius Lurking Loungers Guild - by MongoJerry - 11-28-2004, 10:35 AM
Organizing the Tichondrius Lurking Loungers Guild - by Guest - 11-29-2004, 03:46 AM