First Impressions of the WOW Retail Game
Bolty,Nov 23 2004, 11:25 PM Wrote:Roland, Blizzard was still selling D2 Collectors' Editions months after release.

Oh, and as predicted, I hear the East WoW servers are getting clogged up while the West servers are doing fine.  I don't understand why people obsess over geographical locations when they're so meaningless on the Internet.

-Bolty
[right][snapback]61033[/snapback][/right]

Can we call you psychic, then? :P

Magtheridon (the server I was assigned; just as well, since all of the others were either High or Medium loads) was just fine for the two hours it took me to get to LV6. It started getting a bit laggy when it came to looting and crafting, so I went fishing for a bit, made some food, and then logged out. I need to work on MP5 skills in CS:S anyway :)

Camp Narache and the starting areas were pretty camped - as expected - but it wasn't horrifically bad. Quests that took ten minutes took fifteen, and Break Sharptusk! was easily completed by grouping up with the four others waiting for a chance to take a crack at him :)

The only negative: bad manners abound. People apparently think /yell is the best way to ask stupid questions (i.e., those that can be answered by speaking to a guard or reading the fscking quest log more carefully), and I died a horrible death when some ass trained six gnolls into me while I was eating <_<
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.

Messages In This Thread
First Impressions of the WOW Retail Game - by Artega - 11-24-2004, 03:37 AM