Where can I find or how can I get Sigons stuff
ima_nerd,Nov 22 2004, 06:47 PM Wrote:Hey, I have an idea...
You could not only beat him like a puppy who's peed on the rug, but also maybe help him out, like...answering his question. Then, he doesn't get the idea that these forums are full of assholes who merely wave the rulebook and pop veins in their foreheads. True, this isn't a trade forum etc but, you don't need to be so anal retentive as to not help a guy out occassionaly, even if he did 'break the rules *gasp*'. That's merely my two-cents though.

PS. Good job 'Lucky Barbarian', '-Tempus-', and 'Fragbait' (for at least giving him the benefit of the doubt :P)

Flame away, as it's obviously in your nature.

BTW: I don't really know where to find Sigon drops, it would be easier to just trade for it. If you play on US East give me your account name and I'll give you pieces if I find them.
[right][snapback]60823[/snapback][/right]

And here is an idea for you:

Read the responses before jumping in ! His first question was:

Quote:So Im asking you other lurkers to tell me what types of stuff people would want in return for the armor. Gold, perfect gems, ect.

The answer to that was given by Lord Olf (and most politely too). We don't make trade evaluations here.

The second question was:

Quote:Should I create a room with a title similar to "I need Sigons Stuff" or somthing like.

Now that question didn't deserve an answer, did it? He could have tried that without bothering with a post.

The last question was:

Quote:Or where I can find it in the game in a certain quest.

The answer to that is "No". You just have to keep playing. He was told that too, also by Lord Olf.

The rest of the posts, including those by Lucky Barbarian, Tempus and Fragbait amounted to the same answer.

It is evident that you do not understand how a forum works. A forum is like a community centre. It is hosted by the 'admins', but the community is what makes it work. Evey community is different, with different goals as well as standards.

Those who come to hang out at the community centre accept a contract, just by entering the room. They behave according to community standards. If they don't like the standards, they leave or get chased out.

The administrators here are volunteers. They are not paid to be the bouncer at the door, checking for ID and credentials. The community supports them by giving lessons or reminders of what the standards are, in order to save them the effort and time needed to get some newcomers to behave. We would not BE members here for long if we flouted the rules. We don't mind teaching them to newcomers, but we do get annoyed at those who refuse to learn. I can think of a fairly lengthy list of folks who arrived and made mistakes, but altered their behaviour to become valuable members of the community.

So, for some recent examples:

We have the likes of AngryMob, who has decided he would rather belly-up to a different bar, and feels he will be more comfortable there. And we have the likes of MEAT, who wore his flame-proof suit until he decided that he wanted to live with the rules here.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Messages In This Thread
Where can I find or how can I get Sigons stuff - by Guest - 11-13-2004, 05:51 AM
Where can I find or how can I get Sigons stuff - by Guest - 11-19-2004, 01:06 AM
Where can I find or how can I get Sigons stuff - by ShadowHM - 11-23-2004, 01:30 AM
Where can I find or how can I get Sigons stuff - by Guest - 11-25-2004, 05:18 AM
Where can I find or how can I get Sigons stuff - by Guest - 11-25-2004, 11:34 PM
Where can I find or how can I get Sigons stuff - by Guest - 11-25-2004, 11:36 PM
Where can I find or how can I get Sigons stuff - by Guest - 11-29-2004, 12:07 AM
Where can I find or how can I get Sigons stuff - by Guest - 12-08-2004, 01:31 AM