What can change the nature of a man?
One of the reasons I took Vhailor on only one of my run-throughs is that you can learn everything about him and exhaust every single one of his dialogue options the first time you meet him (including getting all his upgrades for yourself).

I'm not saying Vhailor isn't an incredibly cool NPC, but I have always generally preferred more dynamic characters like Grace, Dak'kon, Morte, Nordom, and Annah. Plus, there are so many incredibly nifty ways to "kill" him that I could never pass them up :D

Granted, getting Celestial Fire is cool, but I always play Mages anyway and have a soft spot for letting him leave and attempt to redeem himself... Who needs CF when the Dagger of Enlightenment is ubah!? :P

Also, it's the same type of situation with Ignus. He is, obviously, a very interesting character, but since you can learn everything about him and get all the needed upgrades when meeting him for the first time, it kinda lacks some of the inherent fun in the other characters which change and grow more as the story does.

BTW, how can you guys possibly leave Annah and Grace behind? They're your love interests! :) Plus, Heal and Call Lightning make Grace worth the price of admission by herself.
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London

Messages In This Thread
What can change the nature of a man? - by Bolty - 04-04-2003, 11:58 PM
What can change the nature of a man? - by Kharohz - 04-05-2003, 03:03 AM
What can change the nature of a man? - by Artega - 04-05-2003, 03:35 AM
What can change the nature of a man? - by Bolty - 04-05-2003, 06:12 PM
What can change the nature of a man? - by Mithrandir - 04-05-2003, 08:17 PM
What can change the nature of a man? - by Artega - 04-05-2003, 09:27 PM
What can change the nature of a man? - by Quark - 04-06-2003, 03:04 AM
What can change the nature of a man? - by Dani - 04-06-2003, 03:08 AM
What can change the nature of a man? - by DralaFi - 04-09-2003, 06:16 PM
What can change the nature of a man? - by DralaFi - 04-10-2003, 01:54 AM