What can change the nature of a man?
I used to say Final Fantasy VII had the most well-written storyline in any RPG ever created, but then I completed Planescape, and everything... changed. The way Morte and Dak'kon are tied to Nameless, the way Grace is both succumbing and conquering her Chaotic nature, from the lost-child effect of Nordom, to Vhailor's utter coolness, I was totally hooked. Honestly, I think I'm unable to really shed tears anymore (results of some... changes... in my real life), but Planescape had me as close as I can get. It's one of those games that you feel HORRIBLE after beating. You realize it's over, and no matter how often you play it, it will never, EVER be the same way it was your first time through. Hence, the reason I am taking my time playing The Wind Waker.

Some information about my game:

Nameless One, 23rd Level Fighter; 302 HP, -5 AC. STR 25, DEX 18, CON 21, INT 10, WIS 24, CHA 13. All stats are base.

Party consisted of: Morte, Dak'kon, Fall-From-Grace, Vhailor, and Nordom.

I had Annah with me up until I found Vhailor, at which point she was replaced by Vhailor. On second thought, I should have left Grace behind, as she was the least useful from the combat POV, and her ending was... uneventful. That, and I didn't know there was a powerful Thief weapon like the Mark of the Savant. That weapon is at least equal to Celestial Fire, and probably better. Vhailor was a great choice, as he killed Trias for me (I convinced Trias to seek forgiveness, he thanked me for helping him see the light, and Vhailor went up and killed the bastard - 375k EXP, the tattoo associated with helping Trias find forgiveness <+2 WIS, +2 INT, +1 CHA, and the Celestial Fire without any repercussions: GO VHAILOR!), and he's a pretty good fighter, despite his abysmal AC. Dak'kon is good as a Fighter, but not too good as a Mage (he was basically limited to using Shield, Power of One, and Greater Embalming), but his background more than makes up for it. Morte was kept because he's integral to the plot, he's a pretty decent fighter (with HUGE physical resistances - have him use a Heart Charm or two and nothing can hurt him, short of missile and crushing weapons), and his personality is classic. Nordom was kept because of his incredible combat ability (I found Optix, a "cursed" artifact scope for Nordom, while tramping through the Rubikon Maze, which increased his combat effectiveness tenfold), and because he's unbearably cool. Grace was in my party solely because of her curative abilities, which I later found useless, as I found Heart Charms and Blood Charms to be faster and more efficient. She indeed adds a certain flavor to the storyline, but her being a Ta'nari makes certain NPCs go berserk (here's a hint: "Feh!").

As for your intial question: It's not Regret. It's Belief! And if you don't believe me, go find the now-fused Nameless/Transcendant One combo and ask him yourself :P
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.

Messages In This Thread
What can change the nature of a man? - by Bolty - 04-04-2003, 11:58 PM
What can change the nature of a man? - by Kharohz - 04-05-2003, 03:03 AM
What can change the nature of a man? - by Artega - 04-05-2003, 03:35 AM
What can change the nature of a man? - by Bolty - 04-05-2003, 06:12 PM
What can change the nature of a man? - by Artega - 04-05-2003, 09:27 PM
What can change the nature of a man? - by Quark - 04-06-2003, 03:04 AM
What can change the nature of a man? - by Dani - 04-06-2003, 03:08 AM
What can change the nature of a man? - by DralaFi - 04-09-2003, 06:16 PM
What can change the nature of a man? - by DralaFi - 04-10-2003, 01:54 AM
What can change the nature of a man? - by Solanalos - 07-27-2003, 12:52 PM