Next character ideas
I'm guessing this was a wolf druid. It isn't similar to either necromancers or amazons, so not much help there. (are you saying you're going to play as an amazon or necromancer or that you don't want to play as them?) I like those characters too.

Amazons all seem to play in the same general way except for spearazons or tankers, in that they satnd back, use mercenaries, valkyries, and decoys for keeping monsters off, and attack away with ranged spells. Lightning fury is awsome for killing big groups of monsters (maybe the best spell for big groups), you will need some way to get mana though, plague javalin kills slowly but has a very low mana cost, strafe is nicer for smaller groups, Freexzing arrow also needs a lot of mana if you use it for damage but is good for stopping monsters, I've never used multishot or the fire arrowsso I don't know how they are. All the elemental skills should have a high pierce chance to go with them. Valkyries are nice for a very high hit damage absorber. If you play mainly with lightning charged strike is good for killing bosses or bi single monsters in general.

Necromancers generally go either summoning, bone, or poison spells. Summoners kill at a medium speed, but are usually very safe. They use skeletons which are very poweful, and some extra skills that depend on the chharacter such as corpse explosion, skeleton mages, revives, dim vison, and others. Poison necromancers and bone necromancers I haven't played much so I don't really knowhow they work. For all of them corpse explosion is great for extra damage, and urses like decrepify are alswys useful. Clay golem slows now, so a lot of people use clay golem and decrepify to keep bosses moving rally slowly.

As for the Baal experience, Baal has more trouble attacking when slowed than all other bosses, since he goes much more slowly and gets put in hit recovery easily. It's easiest to see with a ecromancer with decrepify, I have a summoner who is running nightmare Baal who usually looses at most 1 skeletons against him thanks to decrepify, cold, and clay golem, while against Diablo I always have tyo make trips for more skeletons. It is very strange.

I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)

Messages In This Thread
Next character ideas - by vmxa - 10-31-2004, 03:41 AM
Next character ideas - by Minionman - 10-31-2004, 02:11 PM
Next character ideas - by vmxa - 10-31-2004, 05:26 PM
Next character ideas - by Zingydex - 10-31-2004, 05:38 PM
Next character ideas - by Minionman - 10-31-2004, 06:04 PM
Next character ideas - by south - 11-24-2004, 07:00 PM
Next character ideas - by vmxa - 11-25-2004, 12:51 AM
Next character ideas - by lfd - 11-25-2004, 02:14 AM
Next character ideas - by Assur - 11-25-2004, 03:23 AM
Next character ideas - by vmxa - 11-25-2004, 10:52 PM
Next character ideas - by Elvish_Legion - 12-01-2004, 04:12 AM