What can change the nature of a man?
Ahhh, your first time? :) I remember my first time finishing PS:T well and, I truly believe, that the next three run-throughs only grew more poignant each time.

It truly is an amazing game. It has yet to leave my HD since the day I bought it even though I only play it sparringly now... the memories it gave just seemed too special to wash away with a single press of the 'Delete' key.

Perhaps I am getting a bit too sappy here, but *shrug*... so be it I suppose.

Morte, Annah, Fall-From-Grace, Nordom, Dak'kon, The Transcendent One, Trias, and so on. All were beautifully written and made you actually care for them and be a part of their as they evolved. Those NPCs were what all RPG developers should strive to attain.

On a side note, I have heard many grumblings prior to completing much of IWD2 that it had a horrible plot, yada yada yada. But I have found it surprisingly well crafted (I just defeated The Guardian and will undertake the next area today - trying to avoid spoilers)... The stories of Ilmadia, The Twins, Mother Egenia, and its ties to both the original IWD story and also the exceptionally volatile topic of discrimination and hate really hit me kinda hard.

Once I reached Kuldahar, I truly began to feel sympathy and hesitance in my previous zeal to put the Legion of the Chimera down. I'm not saying the plot doesn't have its "Eh?" moments... but hats off and hearty congrats to any developer that manages to cultivate such sympathy for "the enemy" in the telling of its story.

Now I only hope that the day of Quantum Computers and RPGs flexible enough to truly accomodate *any* decision the player would make would arrive sooner :)
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London

Messages In This Thread
What can change the nature of a man? - by Mithrandir - 04-04-2003, 08:59 PM
What can change the nature of a man? - by Bolty - 04-04-2003, 11:58 PM
What can change the nature of a man? - by Kharohz - 04-05-2003, 03:03 AM
What can change the nature of a man? - by Artega - 04-05-2003, 03:35 AM
What can change the nature of a man? - by Bolty - 04-05-2003, 06:12 PM
What can change the nature of a man? - by Artega - 04-05-2003, 09:27 PM
What can change the nature of a man? - by Quark - 04-06-2003, 03:04 AM
What can change the nature of a man? - by Dani - 04-06-2003, 03:08 AM
What can change the nature of a man? - by DralaFi - 04-09-2003, 06:16 PM
What can change the nature of a man? - by DralaFi - 04-10-2003, 01:54 AM