Overpowered assn's
The assasin is strong, and pretty dominant at the lower levels, especialy in low level dueling.

However, I think this is more of a paper thing. Yes, tiger strike seems deadly at 300% ed but remember it takes three charges to hit. Which means you have to focus on one target at a time. There is also the problem of overkill. You don't need to do that much to a regular monster.

I find that, it's somewhat hard for crowd control. Yes, you have traps, but then you can't have it all. Well, a hybrid does, but well... you get the point. The thing is that most of the assasin's skills need a big investment in. So you don't have that much flexbility. The only real one point wonder is tiger strike, and you hit a brick wall once you get to immunes. Not to mention it leaves you pretty weapon dependent and good claws are hard to find.
Mindblast is actualy pretty overrated and is more of an annoyance, unless it is maxed. The traps have strong potential, but they need to be maxed to do any signifigant damage in a multiplayer game.

She's a one or the other character. You can have venom but not burst of speed or vice versa.

I'd argue the main weakness is a lack of skill points. There's too many good skills, but you have to specialize in a few and that leaves big holes.

Compare this to a Paladin, who can have points thrown everywhere and still be effective.

The shadow master is very powerful, but the cloak of shadows is very annyoing plus its mindblast leaves converted monsters walking around, with you unable to kill them.

Df is a powerful attack, but unforunately our simple minded friends on B.net prefer guided arrows.

One thing I've realized, that actualy playing a character is much diffrent that how it looks on paper. :)

Overall, the Assasin is a powerful character, but she is not overpowered. She's actualy pretty balanced.

Assasins are not that popular because there are no overpowered claws (like the buriza x-bow) and thus may take a momment of thought.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)

Messages In This Thread
Overpowered assn's - by Albion Child - 04-02-2003, 04:53 AM
Overpowered assn's - by Archon_Wing - 04-02-2003, 05:28 AM
Overpowered assn's - by Elric of Grans - 04-02-2003, 06:32 AM
Overpowered assn's - by WarBlade - 04-02-2003, 07:14 AM
Overpowered assn's - by Albion Child - 04-02-2003, 12:54 PM
Overpowered assn's - by WarBlade - 04-02-2003, 01:37 PM
Overpowered assn's - by ManaCraft - 04-02-2003, 02:36 PM
Overpowered assn's - by Striker - 04-02-2003, 03:07 PM
Overpowered assn's - by Albion Child - 04-02-2003, 06:47 PM