Death's advocate approaches ... (Doom 3)
Playing anything at less than 60 fps is an unenjoyable experience, IMO.

You've gotta be kidding me. Is playing multiplayer with anything higher than 17 ping also an unenjoyable experience, then? If I turn off the little FPS counter in the corner of the screen, I really doubt I could distinguish anything above 15 (maybe 20) from the cap at 60 ticks.

I think that single player first person shooters in general aren't that great. I can't think of ONE with a particularly good story; why would you want to play a FPS single player if you aren't getting something out of it? You beat a game. Big whoop. Can't wait to call up all your friends and tell them how you squandered 20 hours, eh? In the case of Doom 3, you didn't even learn any valuable skills, and only increased your twitch marginally.

Well, most people play games primarily to have fun. It sounds like you knew you wouldn't have much fun with this game, so I'm not quite sure why you paid top dollar for it. I think it's fair to say that someone who still enjoys playing RTCW, Quake 2, Quake, or Doom (in single player) will certainly enjoy Doom 3, and people who think those games are a waste of time or a one time run through probably shouldn't even bother with Doom 3. I have never beaten any of those games at the highest difficulty, and I still have fun trying every now and then (without savescumming), so I imagine I will get some replay value out of Doom 3 as well.

The bullets go straight to the center of the screen ALL THE TIME.

You are inside a building shooting things at a few meters distance or point blank...

This game REALLY is Doom remade in 3d...

I think that was the idea, yes. :D

Messages In This Thread
Death's advocate approaches ... (Doom 3) - by ldw - 08-07-2004, 01:37 PM
Death's advocate approaches ... (Doom 3) - by Guest - 08-09-2004, 04:48 AM
Death's advocate approaches ... (Doom 3) - by Guest - 08-13-2004, 12:34 AM
Death's advocate approaches ... (Doom 3) - by Guest - 08-13-2004, 01:00 AM
Death's advocate approaches ... (Doom 3) - by Guest - 08-13-2004, 01:04 AM
Death's advocate approaches ... (Doom 3) - by Nystul - 08-13-2004, 08:10 AM
Death's advocate approaches ... (Doom 3) - by Guest - 08-13-2004, 10:47 PM
Death's advocate approaches ... (Doom 3) - by Guest - 08-14-2004, 07:23 PM
Death's advocate approaches ... (Doom 3) - by Guest - 08-19-2004, 06:38 PM