The Legend of Zelda
So I got Wind Waker this weekend. I am thoroughly in love with the game. I'm on my way back to Outset Island to nab the third pearl (presumably Nayru's Pearl, since I've gotten Din's and Farore's; I'm also assuming a water motif, since the last one was a forest/earth motif and a fire motif before that), and I love the game. Sure, the graphical style is a bit odd, but you get used to it in time, and it eventually stops looking weird. It really IS like playing a particularly good manga. The characters' faces are very expressive, and the animation is both smooth and beautiful. Once you're out to sea and see a thunder storm while cruising around, the atmosphere and detail in this game just hits you outright. Sure, Link looks like he has some kind of crazy disorder causing his legs to be half the length of his arms, but that's just the artistic style. I, for one, applaud Nintendo for being courageous and trying something new.

The puzzles so far are satisfactory, and make good use of the new features (sliding along a wall, creeping along a ledge, picking up enemy weapons, etc). Boss battles are also a great deal more fun, since figuring out how to defeat them is half the battle in itself (that first boss pissed me off until I figured out that... well, I'll leave figuring out how to defeat it to yourself :P ). Of course, once you figure out their little trick, it's really too easy, but it's still highly entertaining. Unlike the other Zelda games, Zelda has yet to make an appearance, and I'm beginning to wonder if she's even in this game. I'm assuming the girl in the commerical was supposed to be Zelda, but it could also be Arryl. Of course, what is a Zelda game without Zelda? She must be in here somewhere. I imagine Ganon has her or something. Ganon has yet to do anything at all so far, so I know little about his personality. I say Ganondorf is the coolest Zelda villain so far, but I think that's just because he looks totally badass (especially in Smash Bros. ^_^ ).

Well, I need to install D2C and then play some more Wind Waker. I'll post again when I get further into the game.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.

Messages In This Thread
The Legend of Zelda - by The Luminaire - 03-25-2003, 07:34 AM
The Legend of Zelda - by Caesar - 03-25-2003, 10:22 PM
The Legend of Zelda - by Artega - 03-27-2003, 05:30 AM
The Legend of Zelda - by MonTy - 03-27-2003, 06:44 AM
The Legend of Zelda - by The Luminaire - 03-27-2003, 07:38 AM
The Legend of Zelda - by Refrigerator - 03-28-2003, 04:27 AM
The Legend of Zelda - by Artega - 03-29-2003, 06:23 PM
The Legend of Zelda - by Mithrandir - 03-29-2003, 09:18 PM
The Legend of Zelda - by Copadope - 03-29-2003, 11:33 PM
The Legend of Zelda - by Roland - 03-30-2003, 01:11 AM
The Legend of Zelda - by The Luminaire - 03-30-2003, 02:00 AM